Kilobyte Kid
ef8_fan
Accepted Solution

2010 Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 C2D Ram Upgrade to 16GB

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some help on upgrading my MBP to 16gb of ram. According to apple its only upgradable to 8gb, but many trusted websites have said the maximum is 16gb. OWC is a trusted company, however for some reason i just cant purchase any other ram other than Crucial. I have only ever purchased Crucial ram my whole life so purchasing any other ram would make me feel like im cheating on my girlfriend. Does Crucial offer ram that will work with my setup?

Originally posted from here: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.4-aluminum-13-mid-2... "**Originally, both the official and actual maximum RAM was 8 GB. However, as confirmed by site sponsor OWC, if running OS X 10.7.5 or higher, updated with the latest EFI, and equipped with proper specification memory modules, this model can support up to 16 GB of RAM."

More info: http://blog.macsales.com/16302-some-2010-mac-owners-can-get-more-ram-than-they-thought

Thank you for your time

henry

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: 2010 Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 C2D Ram Upgrade to 16GB

Hi ef8_fan,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I pulled up your system information and it does appear that we only recommend it be upgraded to 8GB. From the information that you provided it does look like it may be upgraded to 16GB if you can find the correct speed of memory.  The  biggest issue with going to the 16GB memory would be finding the correct speed of memory. We do not sell 8GB memory modules in the 1066mhz memory that this system requires. With these Mac systems the speed of the memory is very important and a faster speed can not be used. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
ef8_fan

Hello YogiH,

Thank you for your reply, i thought you guys forgot about me.

Any plans to offer this item in the future??

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Most systems have moved away from the 1067mhz speed, so I doubt we will offer it in the future. We are really sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service