Bit Baby
tthomson53

Late-2013 iMac Installation is Tricky

I just received my new 27" late-2013 iMac and the 32GB of memory I ordered from Crucial for an upgrade.  I found the installation of the four boards to be much more difficult than installing the original Apple boards received in the computer.  I don't know if they're slightly thicker or what, but I had to pull the whole assembly as straight up as I could and then work hard to wiggle and push the boards down far enough into the slots to make them connect.  The first time I pushed them in, I got the warning tone on start-up that I had no RAM in the computer, so I reopened the back and wiggled/pushed them in even further.  My message is: Don't give up, work hard to push them in, but be very careful you've got the boards positioned properly and don't force to the point of damage.  Once I got them in correctly, everything worked fine.

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Late-2013 iMac Installation is Tricky

in reply to tthomson53

Hi tthomson53,

I am sorry for your difficulty with installing them memory. I do appreciate the suggestions that you have posted :smileyhappy: I am happy that you were able to get the memory installed with persistence and patience. Have a wonderful day.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service