Kilobyte Kid
Haider

Ballistix MOD version 1.2.2.1 x64 on Windows 8 64 Bit Not Showing Temps

Hi,

I bought a set of (4GB x2) of Ballistix Elite DDR part no. BLE4G3D1608DE1TXO as reported by MOD. When I click on Temperature in the MOD tool it open a BallistixUtility window with the message 'Crucial modules with temperature sensors not detected'. My motherboard is an ASUS P7H55/USB3 with latest BIOS, Intel Core i5-760 CPU and nothing out of the ordinary. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Haider 

Binary Boss
wingclip

Re: Ballistix MOD version 1.2.2.1 x64 on Windows 8 64 Bit Not Showing Temps

Hi Haider;
This seems to be a trait of the mobo when it comes to dealing with the RAM. The following is a copy of the first review I came to in Newegg regarding your mobo. You can find the link here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131662

(Note that I resume at the “**” marks following this guy’s review)

REVIEW

Do not expect it to have updates to BIOS or drivers as the manufacture is refusing to adequately support their product lines. See my other thoughts on this.

Cons: Terrible support! "Tech" could not offer knowledgeable support that would allow me to run with memory from Corsair as DDR3 1600 - even thou it is listed as supported on the packaging, in the manual and even online.

Absolute refusal to work with me on RMA since it was not a "problem" with the motherboard, as the tech constantly insists it was bad memory instead of listening to what I was telling him:

MEMTEST says memory is fine, it works in a Gigabyte board and even a MSI board with all 16gb installed and runs at 1600 timings on first boot, so why is it you are saying it is a bad memory stick?

The system runs with 16gb (4x4gb) of XMS3 1600 matched modules, but will not allow them to run at anything other than 1333 timing. It does not matter if all 4 sticks are inserted the timing remains locked at 1333.

The "tech" finally hung up on me claiming that I was being "rude and offensive" when I was most assuredly not and I have the recording to prove it.

Other Thoughts: Do not expect A$u$ to provide assistance for their product beyond the printed manual or the flashy packaging. Their technical support staff is nothing more than a bunch of contracted "telemarketers" turned into support monkeys that read off canned answers.

I can only hope that the technical staff at Corsair is much more helpful and knowledgeable with their efforts to correct this situation.

So Haider,
You may want to try the simple things first; Remove the RAM and blow out the slots with a few shots of compressed, dry, air.

Then, check the ASUS turbo settings. My main build is an Intel based Asrock, (specs are in my signature), but I just completed a build for my wife which was an AMD based ASUS M5A97 EVO and the mobo opened in Turbo mode! I thought that was a 'quirk but then at that same time, another Crucial customer was having trouble with his new ASUS mobo reading the Crucial RAM and his mobo also booted in Turbo mode as default!

That can make a mess of the startup procedures that need to be handled by new components. Anyway, among the settings I found that the "Ai Turbo Control", (or something close to that name), located in the Tweaker tab as the first item in the UEFI should be in "Auto" or "DOHC". Check that first but go on to make sure all the other settings are not permitting the Turbo mode.

Once you establish that they work under the default, non-OC mobo settings, then run memtest86, and then is all is good after about an hour or two of testing, you can start the turbo operations if you want.

Maybe someone can pitch in here; I've got to go to bed but good luck.
Rich

Kilobyte Kid
Haider

Hi,

I always set everything to manual and do it by hand in the BIOS. That way you know if anything isn't in the defined value range. Memory is clocked at 1.5v 800MHz so giving me the XMP 1600 settings. Not really overclocked. Mem tested for a 4 hrs and 10 hours on Prime95. I haven't had any stability issues. Just no temps showing in the MOD utility. Mildish overclock of the CPU i5-760 (200x18) 3.6GHz with SpeedStep. GPU is running boost with the boost button pressed on (950MHz) Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X. That's the way it comes from Sapphire, nothing exotic.

Thanks

Haider

Binary Boss
wingclip

Hmmm... Maybe you should try a different thermal monitoring software and see if it can get the readings. There should be some out there as freeware. Take a look and see.

Rich