Kilobyte Kid
SlyFawkes
Accepted Solution

Crucial Ballistix Sport Upgrade Problems

Hello, I am having some trouble with the Crucial Ballistix Sport sticks and didn't see my specific computer model listed under these boards.

I'm upgrading a computer for my brother, who ordered the Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) kit at my recommendation. I've have had no luck so far with getting the computer to POST. I get a single continuous beep at startup with no input from the monitor. I've tested each stick individually in each RAM slot, no dice. Unfortunately I do not have the old RAM modules with me, therefore I cannot do much at this point.

The computer is a Gateway SX2800-01, which takes DDR3 SDRAM. I am not sure if the RAM must specifically be PC3-6400, I'm not too well-versed in RAM compliances. Either way, I wanted to make sure that the problem was not an error on my part (incompatibility or otherwise).

Thank you in advance.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Crucial Ballistix Sport Upgrade Problems

in reply to SlyFawkes

Hi SlyFawkes,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your memory upgrade.

I have had a look in to this system for you and unfortunately the memory you have ordered is not compatible with your system.  We do actually have this system listed in our records and you can see the compatible memory HERE.

We recommend memory up to PC3-10600 speed so the memory you have ordered is too fast for the system.  The system can also support 8GB but it has to be over four memory slots, which means 2GB per slot. 

If you ordered it direct from Crucial within the last 45 days we would be more than happy to arrange a refund or an exchange.  All you have to do is contact our customer service team direct HERE.

Please let us know if you need anything else at all and we would be happy to help.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service