Kilobyte Kid
joscasle

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL8

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I just have a question, the memory is working fine, but doing some test with AIDA64 I have some weird behavior with the latency. Using stock setting (8,8,8,24, t2 @ 1.5v)  the benchmark show a latency of 92.3 (very high), I change to T1 but the latency was almost the same 91.8. Next  OC to 1866 at 9-9-9-27 t1 the copy, write and read numbers improve a lot but latency stay almost the same, 88,5

A few days back I run the same test and have a  52.3 latency at stock settings. I didn't change anything so, my question is: what is causing these behavior?

Looking at some reviews, most of the people with these same tool (AIDA64) have latency between 40 and 48.

Thanks.

Other:

Asus Maximus VI Hero (latest  bios)

Intel i5 4670k  (stock)

Cooler MAser Siedon 120XL liquid cooler

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL8

NVidia GeForce GTX570

Samsung 840 Evo (250GB)

Seagate 1.5TB 5900 RPM

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL8

in reply to joscasle

Hi joscasle,

Thanks for your question.

First of all AIDA64 is not a program that we are familiar with here and not one we generally use.  It is however strange that the latency differs so much depending on when you run the software.

AIDA64 describes the latency as " The Memory Latency benchmark measures the typical delay when the CPU reads data from system memory. Memory latency time means the penalty measured from the issuing of the read command until the data arrives to the integer registers of the CPU."

This means that it could also be down to the CPU as well as the memory that's causing the different readings.  When you are getting the higher readings, have you checked in BIOS to see what your memory timings and CAS latency is showing as?

Does this speed difference actually show in any sort of real world performance issues? 

I personally think that it could be down to any number of different factors but if the actual real world performance is not dropping then it would not be something to worry about.

You can also test this using different software to see if that shows any difference from what you are seeing from AIDA64.

Please let us know if you are having any problems and we would be more than happy to look in to this for you.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
joscasle

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Thanks!

I will check with other software, I have sisoff sandra too, just need a good reference to compare my results. Thats why I use aida64, becasuse <i have a few review to compare.

If you can  tell me wich software I can use, will be great.

Thanks

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to joscasle

Hi joscasle,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have a specific program in mind to recommend but we have used CPU-Z in the past to look at system performance and timing.  It's a useful tool but not made by Crucial, we don't have any in house software to test for things like this that we could recommend.

I would advise trying a few different ones and compare the results to get a happy medium between the results to see exactly what sort of performance you are getting.

Please let us know how it goes and what programs you end up trying.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service