Ballistix 16gb 2400 reboots

Bit Baby

Ballistix 16gb 2400 reboots

Hello everyone, I'm from Brazil, so I'm sorry for the way I say it. So I have a Ballistix by micron memory, model BLS16G4D240FSB.16FBD and I have encountered certain problems that I believe are not factory default. The memory works normally to start the computer, but after a while the screen turns blue and the sound with an uninterrupted noise, the only thing I can do is force the shutdown through the button. My parts are: Motherboard Asus H110M-C / BR, i3 7100, Source CORSAIR 600CX, HD 1 TERA WESTERN DIGITAL, WINDOWS 10 64 BITS, MEMORY BALLISTIX 16GB 2400MHZ 16-16-16-39 1.2V and GTX 970 G1 GAMING. I realized that after this happened, while testing with my open cabinet, that memory was at a temperature that I believe to be high. I tested with 2 other memory combs - Crucial 2133 4gb and another that forgot the name and the computer remained stable, I already tried everything, activate XMP, reduce the frequency of Ballistix to 2133 but nothing seems to maintain stability, problems happen normally when I'm playing. I would like to help me find a stable configuration so that I can make use of memory, my bios is the most up to date motherboard, and I have already updated the memory installed to see if that would solve the problem, but not continue. Good evening, I hope you can help me.

1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: Ballistix 16gb 2400 reboots

Hello violet17th,

Thanks for your message. Sorry to hear your RAM is causing your system to crash.

From what you have described, I believe the modules might be faulty and we offer a lifetime warranty on them so I would recommend you exchange them under warranty. You can either contact the vendor directly for the exchange if you bought them from one of our resellers, or you can do this via ourselves. We have an online return process as well so you can organise an exchange here: https://www.crucial.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RMALandingView?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&storeId=1...

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks

Crucial_NG, Crucial Moderator, UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?