Defective Ballistix Sport ddr3

Kilobyte Kid

Defective Ballistix Sport ddr3

Sometime in around September 2016, I purchased 16gb of Ballistix Sport ram from a Microcenter in Irvine, CA. My pc build immediately had an intermittent issue with blue screens. I replaced several parts, but ruled out ram since the ram passed the windows memory diagnostic. I replaced the hdd, sdd, and motherboard, reinstalled windows and drivers multiple times. The issues persisted and finally memtest86 showed that I have faulty ram.   Can I still RMA without original packaging? I live in a very tiny space, so I tend to not save boxes for longer than a month or so.   

3 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Defective Ballistix Sport ddr3

You should be able to get an RMA on the memory since I believe it has a limited lifetime warranty.    You will need to package it in an antistatic bag to ship back to them though.    Or if you are willing to supply your credit card info they will send you an advanced exchange which would provide the proper packaging for you.

Kilobyte Kid

Ok thank you, how do I go about doing that? the FAQ isn't very clear.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Emilytuyetle You can submit your return online using the link here or by contacting us directly using the information in my signature. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?