Look at how nice my old Ballistix ram matches my new modern Z370 motherboard

Kilobyte Kid

Look at how nice my old Ballistix ram matches my new modern Z370 motherboard

I remembered I had this account here so I thought I would share this:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/kzyA3

I don't want to pay the current prices on ram so I am going to reuse this minimal kit from my backup Pentium G4400 build with my 8700k until ram prices come back down.

Im also getting a new M.2 525 Gb MX300 to use as my boot drive with this board, however Im stuck waiting for the case I want for it to arrive in stock, meanwhile Im having fun with my also new GTX 1080 Ti paired with my G4400 in the meantime and running every benchmark I possibly can on it for science.

One thing though that I thought after installing this ram on this board with how perfect it matches is wouldnt it be great if I could get the same heatspreaders on a higher spec kit and with RGB LEDs? I havnt checked if such ram is available, but say if I could get 2x16 Gb of at least 3200 Mhz but with these same heatspreaders plus RGB LEDs I would be all over getting that for this build, except just not at the current prices since I can use this kit for now.
2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Look at how nice my old Ballistix ram matches my new modern Z370 motherboard

@WTBBallistix Thanks for sharing this with us. We do not currently have Tracers available in DDR4, but we are expecting it to be released soon. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Look at how nice my old Ballistix ram matches my new modern Z370 motherboard

This is almost like deja vu, I originally signed up here because I wanted Ballistix tracers with LEDs, and now I want some again! I still havnt had ram with lights yet, but currently its becoming more common, but these darn prices atm Smiley Sad

So I've recently tried overclocking this ram to see what it can do, nothing too stressful, just putting it up to the standard 1.35v and seeing what it manages.

It made it all the way up to 3200 Mhz on 1.35, with 16-16-16-32 timings and 2N command rate, fully stable which is amazing for such a cheap kit!

However it will return to being ran at 2133 Mhz with my G4400 as I've just found ad ordered some 2x16 Gb of the same ram in white and at 2666 Mhz for a very nice price to complete my Z370 build.