RAM compatibility issues.

Kilobyte Kid

RAM compatibility issues.

I bought what I believed to be two of the same sticks of RAM:

8GB Ballistix Sport DDR4

Both share the same PN: BLS8G4D240FSB, however near the barcode on the left side of the units the numbers differ.

One is BG112VJ.D2 and the other is BG112VJ.CR. 

During gaming I've experienced crashing that did not occur when I removed one of the units from my computer, so I have a feeling this is what is causing it.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction to resolve this issue that would be very much appreciated.

4 Replies
Community Manager

Re: RAM compatibility issues.

@nrod0 Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your RAM.  I pulled each part number based on the batch numbers you provided. It appears that these modules are completely identical the only difference between them is that they were manufactured at different times in a different batch. The parts are completely identical in any way, so I can't foresee a compatibility issue between the modules causing the issue.

However, there are a few things I can check for you to troubleshoot.   What is the make and model of the system this RAM is installed in? Have you tried each module individually?  This will help us determine if you have one defective memory module that is causing the issue. We have a few other troubleshooting issues here. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

System specs:

MoBo: MSI Z270 SLI

CPU: Intel i7 7700k

(RAM listed above)

Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Ti

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G Gold

Memory: Samsung 860 Evo (500GB)

I'm currently using one stick of RAM with no problems as of yet, I will try to install the other module by itself and report back with my findings.

Thanks.

Kilobyte Kid

After testing both sticks individually I seem to have found the stick that has been causing the freezing. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to solve this problem.

Community Manager

@nrod0 Please contact us directly using the information in my signature and we would be happy to set up a return for you and get you a replacement. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?