Ballistix MOD (Memory Overview Display) utility FAQ, feedback and questions

Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Re: Ballistix MOD (Memory Overview Display) utility FAQ, feedback and questions

Hello Algernon,

What motherboard are you using? In the original post in this thread, we did say "It was originally designed for the P55 and X58 chipsets (Core I5 and Core I7), but is compatible with most of the enthusiast chipsets.  The program was designed for Windows 7 and will also run on Windows XP with downloads for  32-bit and 64-bit versions". 

If you can provide me with your motherboard model, I can pass it along to the appropriate people for testing.

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

Hey Dude,

Firrstly, sorry for some nervous words previously left here x)

My system is built of:

• Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-D4SH Rev. 1 (the only existing, AFAIK)
  • BIOS revision: F6 (the newest)
  • North bridge: AMD 790GX, South bridge: AMD SB750 (are they enhtusiast enough?? Man Wink)
  • AMD Phenom x4 9600 Black Edition
  • Ballistix: kit of two BL12864AA106A.8FE6
  • obtained directly from Crucial, Scotland, alter replacement.
  • 824i737603E6DF98156E826i375DCB79E5028F04More about it:

• No overclocked.
    • No overvolted.
    • All parts bought new (1-st owner) and assembled properly.
    • Gigabyte EasyTune6 utility installed and works fine.

Ballistix MOD Utility seems to have some problem with accessing the file system. When trying to save new log (only creating it without logging any data) the same error pops-up as above described.

Best regards.

Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Hello,

I will be passing along the motherboard information for testing.  That being said, I can tell you the mod will not show temperature data for the modules that you have.  It should still show you the SPD data however.  If anything comes up from the testing, I will post it back here.

Kilobyte Kid

Thank you Dude; we'll see Smiley Happy

But this failure could be related to Windows/.Net theirself rathter than to type of the motherboard.

The case with denial of creation the log would point on this sort of issue, I think. That procedure seems to be completely independent from accessing any hardware ports, e.g. sensors...

Bit Baby

MOD utility is very cool, but can you please add an option to syncronize the modules? They're all blinking out

of sync from each other and it's annoying Smiley Happy They have the same presets and all but I can't click apply to all sticks

at the same time.

Thanks

Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Hello Buckpwnz,

Thank you for your feedback.  I have passed it along to our Product Marketing team for review.

Bit Baby

You're running ddr2, this utility is for ddr3 ballistix "smart" tracers!

Kilobyte Kid

Dude,

Are P67 chipsets supported? I ask because originally I got the MOD tool to work, but only when my 1600 sticks were at 1600, it wouldn't work when they first booted at 1333.

Now I can't get it to work at all and it states that 'this motherboard is not supported' on an Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3 board.

Cheers

Cam

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

This utility worked great for a week. Now it says my motherboard is not supported.

I am using this with Asus sabertooth 990fx and running Windows 7 64.

Just before it stopped working the temperature readings were reading 123 C (bad reading)  and one of the dimms disappeared from the UI.

The memory itself works great, Thanks for keeping it low profile it barely clears the cpu cooler as is.

I look forward to the improvements and I liked the ability to turn off the lights.

(update)

I reinstalled the utility and it starts up again, but the missing dimm and the temp readings are still not solved.wrong temp.PNGmissing dimm.PNG

memory spd.PNG

Thanks, 990Fox

Kilobyte Kid

is there any balistic can work stable above 1333 for asus p8h67-v?

thnx