Ballistix MOD (Memory Overview Display) utility FAQ, feedback and questions

Bit Baby

Re: Ballistix MOD (Memory Overview Display) utility FAQ, feedback and questions

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I am just wondering, is there any ETA for a new update for the utility that will add some new things?

Everything is working fine atm, i have my kit for more than half a year now and it's still going, but the lack of options that i have with the software is starting to bother be...

Is it possible to add features like syncing them so the led's to exacly the same (not just locking them to the same pattern because that is alredy possible, but that the led's go on and off at exacly the same time)

Maybe color mixing? I have orange and blue led ram, what about the 2 in the middle orange, the one at the corners orange and the rest blue?

Also, the locked brightness is a bit irritating, is it possible to adjust the brightness of the running led's and the activity led's individual? Because if i put it at the brightest setting, it's a bit too much and it makes me a bit blind, (the activity led's) but if i put them a bit dimmer, the running led's are very dimmed and they look quite dead and useless... i can see them but it's just not bright enough.

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

I too would like to know when there will be an update an the current release does not work at all on my laptop (Intel Core i7 Quad 3630QM (Ivy Bridge)). When I try and start it I get:

RIB.png

On my desktop (Intel Xeon E5-2696 v2 (Ivy Bridge-EP)) it only reports half the DIMMs which I suspect is down to it only knowing about one of the two memory controllers.

In all cases it failes to use the Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method mutex and therefore cannot be used at the same time as programs such as CPUZ, HWiNFO, AIDA64, SIV, etc.

Bit Baby

Everything worked out of the box on my 16gb tracer kit. Utility installed and seemed to work. However, upon closer inspection I found that 1-99 on the brightness slider are all the same dim barely top lights and zero bottom lights. Then on 100 every LED is just kicking way TOO bright. Is it meant to be all-or-nothing?

Also, the collumn labeled "Fade" is empty.

Kilobyte Kid

Hello, i have baught two tactical tracers some years ago (BLT4G3D1869DT2TXOB.16FMR) and everything is working fine  with the brightness controll, i can set brightness from 1-100%  in every step correctly.

Now i have bought 2 more, same model (BLT4G3D1869DT2TXOB.16FER2) and they are not able to set the brightness correctly between 1 - 99%, only 100% or minimum are acceptet.

Same problem as reported here by DeMoB: http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-Ballistix-gaming-memory/Tactical-Tracer-Brightness-Issue/td-p/14...

Why are 2 older one work correctly and 2 newer not?

Is this a problem who can fixed by updating the mod utility? I hope so Smiley Sad

My Motherboard is Gigybte Z77X-UD5H

Bit Baby

I just got the Ballistix Tracer memory and wanted to know if there was a way to get both the base and top LED's to stay solid?  I can set the base no problem with the utility but the top always have some sort of activity with it that ends up being a major distraction.  I really don't want to settle for simply disabling them since the bottom lights are not nearly bright enough to have the effect I am looking for.  I can't imagine it would be hard to get them to stay solid but so far it has alluded me.

Bit Baby

Hello. Error when starting ballistix mod. motherboard not compatible . vendor:8086 model:c00  Recently bought 4 straps and now I can not adjust. BLT2CP4G3D1869DT2TXRGCEU Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5. The BIOS has been updated. Net framework updated. Windows 10 pro 64-bit. I tried both versions of the mod utility one and the same problem. Can there is an option through the BIOS to adjust the backlight? what do you advise?

Bit Baby

Have error with my motherboard and your memory(

BLT8G3D1608DT2TXRGCEU 2 ranks DDR3 1600 Mhz 8 Gb

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170M-D3H DDR3 Bios: F20a (last)

Windows 10 x64

Error: Motherboard not compatible. Vendor: 8086 Model: 590F