Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 4x4gb causing Hard Reset

Bit Baby

Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 4x4gb causing Hard Reset

[ Edited ]

I have had these ram in my mobo for around a year without problem until the last 2 weeks.After a few hours of gaming, I switched the PC off. The next morning the PC would not boot. Anyhow after a lot of messing around I finally got it to boot with all the ram inserted. I have swapped them around and  with only 1x4gb inserted. Trouble is now my pc will randomly reboot, usually loading a game or exiting out of a game, but also at the desktop. No blue screen, just as if someone flicks the power off. I have changed mobo, cpu, ssd with clean install, and 3 different psus and 2 different graphics cards to no avail. Does my ram need more voltage, its set at Auto in 2 different mobos, showing 1.2v. Is it unusual for all 4 sticks of ram to go pear shaped like this?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 4x4gb causing Hard Reset

Hello avkdm,

Thank you for your message.  First of all, I'm sorry that you're system is rebooting with your memory installed.  It is rare for all the memory modules to be faulty.  Thank you for confirming what steps you have taken so far.  

I would recommend testing each memory module one at a time in the system with no other memory installed.  This is the best way to check and see if there is a fault with any of the memory modules.  If there is a fault, we will arrange an exchange under warranty.  All our memory comes with a lifetime warranty and we can arrange an exchange for you no problem.

If there is a fault, you can contact the customers support team for your region using the links in my signature.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask and I would be more than happy to help.

John 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?