Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

I'm a LONG time customer and would love to see the DDR4 in tracers as well. Along with their awesome support of PDXLAN, they are what drew me to use their memory exclusively in all my systems. I really miss the tracers.

Too bad we can't have some sort of response as to why they won't make them. Smiley Sad

~BizSAR
Kilobyte Kid

Unfortunately I finally caved in and went with the Corsair Vengeance LED series, after waiting over a year before starting a new build.

Hohum ☹️

Kilobyte Kid

That's too bad.

Still waiting here. Some sort of reason why they can't/won't would be nice, but I'm still an exclusive memory customer.

Surprised they aren't moving on this. Everything else is RGB, including other's RAM. Smiley Sad

~BizSAR
Kilobyte Kid

Its not just the LEDs, there's also the ability to read out temperatures etc., but I think other manufacturers are starting to offer that as well now. Still, I would like to get Crucial memory if possible.

Kilobyte Kid

Would just like to say... Corsair Vengeance LED memory is good enough and pretty enough to look at, but its not the Tracer module i'm still looking for. Please dont leave it so long before you update the Tracer series to DDR4 that your competitors get in before you.

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

Hello all.  I just recently installed 32gb (8x4) on my system and I LOVE them. I was pinning for them for a long time and finally grabbed them up.  I've always liked Crucial's implementation more than Corsair's and Avexir's (super gaudy). Later on G.Skill came out with the pretty nice Trident Z but still not exactly what I want.  I liked how Crucial's actually showed activity more than just "flashiness".   Always inspired a kind of old-school mainframe vibe to me or something like the Connection Machine 5.  The software is just fine too; I like all the options and it seems more direct than all the other software I've read about, especially the constant issues with the Trident Z.  I also really like that there is a temperature sensor. I love info like that. 

But anyway, I noticed at Computex than you guys are coming out with new DDR4 Tracers and I just want to say, don't mess with the awesome formula! I'd love just a DDR4 platform without too much change. RGB is the trend, so that's fine and understandable. And more options in the software would be great, like "always on" and more pattersn. But please keep the really great ACTIVITY showings. That's the main reason I love Crucial's implementation above  all the others. 

I believe the others now like the Z can show activity and things like temp (change colors based on it) but it's still not quite the same as how the Tracers have them.  I want them to still be in a similar visual representation like an HDD activity light or NIC activity light, etc (as a choice in software).   

Thank you guys for making an awesome product, which was really quite rare and unique for a while. 

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ballistix-launches-tactical-tracer-ddr4-rgb-gaming-memory-modules....

Kilobyte Kid

Thank you CheapSushi for posting this, i had actually given up hope of ever seeing a Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR4, so your post has made the world "ok" again for me Smiley Happy

I would also like to emphasise your point about ACTIVITY based lights being so much more appealing than just bling based lighting.

To whoever is listening, please please please, give people choices, and the option to have bling based fixed pattern lighting, but please do not take away the option to base the lightshow on pure module activity.

Its why i bought my very first Tracer module all those years ago, and i'd like to buy more in the future. So much so, that i'm happy to ditch my Corsair memory and buy the new Ballistix Tracer DDR4 modules instead!

Please, make it so Smiley Happy

Kilobyte Kid

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/blt2c8g4d30aeta

Thanks Crucial, I'm happy now.

PS - Next time dont leave it so long! *grumpy face*

Kilobyte Kid

... any news on this? They are not longer listed on the ballistix gaming site (you need to search the site for "rgb" to find them). Were they delayed or cancelled at all?

asrock fatal1ty gaming gear x370 gaming x | amd ryzen 5 1600x @h2o | mushkin redline | sapphire radeon rx vega 64 water cooled | creative sound blasterx ae-5 pro-gaming | intel optane 900p | crucial mx300 | seagate barracuda | lg bh16ns55 | evga supernova g3 series 750 | cooler master mastercase maker 5