Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

At the moment it seems you can only get the Tactical Tracer series in DDR3. I'm a big fan of the aesthetic of the Tracer series, compared to the offerings of other memory providers (Corsair, Avexir and GeIL for instance) so i'm hoping DDR4 will be added soon.

I recently found out about the new M.2 SSD's, which as i was already looking to upgrade is a good reason for a new mother board, CPU and memory.

Anyone know if DDR4 will be added to the Ballistix Tactical Tracer series?

27 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

Hi all, just in case someone else is wondering the same thing, i thought i'd post the response i have recieved from Crucial Support. Good news, just a bit of patience required! Smiley Happy

"Thank you for your email. We do indeed have plans to release DDR4 Tracer memory at some point in the future.

However, I have spoken to my inventory team and any release date is likely to be 4-5 months in the future. As soon as they are available we will add these to our website."

Kilobyte Kid

Rats!  I'm shopping for new computer parts now and the tracer modules have been in my last 3 builds.  I like the lighting effects and I think it's a good visual indication of your memory activity.  This is a heck of a quandry!!  I don't want to wait 3 or 4 months for a new build and I don't want to build without DDR4 Tracer memory. Smiley Sad

Kilobyte Kid

The fact that the memory selectively lights up depending on which module is active is exactly the reason i want Ballistix and not another model of ram chip.

Other providers either give static or re-occurring patterns, which whilst nice enough for many, lacks that extra edge in my mind when the light show reflects actual activity. Until i found out that there isn't a DDR4 equivalent of the Ballistix modules i didn't realise that no other provider uses module activity to control the lightshow. I was a little bit surprised to find that out. (If i'm wrong feel free to correct that with the relevant competitor information).

Obviously we both like our cosmetic eye candy for our builds (otherwise why even bother with things like a side window), but it gives the cosmetics a little more integrity when its linked to real information, such as your pc's activity. Some of us want that aspect of pc customisation, some dont, thats cool, but thats why i personally want the Ballistix modules and not a competitors.

Although i have decided to postpone my build for other reasons, i did previously decide to work around it by buying the cheapest non-cosmetic DDR4 memory i could for now, and replace it with the Ballistix Tracer when it comes out. Even if that meant buying only 8GB for now instead of the 16 i wanted (or the 32 i keep trying to justify Smiley Wink).

Kilobyte Kid

captrench wrote:

Hi all, just in case someone else is wondering the same thing, i thought i'd post the response i have recieved from Crucial Support. Good news, just a bit of patience required! Smiley Happy

However, I have spoken to my inventory team and any release date is likely to be 4-5 months in the future.

It's nearly 5 months now.  Are we any closer to getting Tracer sticks?

Kilobyte Kid

Flag.

I can not wait. Robot Frustrated

Is there new information?

Community Manager

Hi Juan-Lupus,

Thanks for commenting. No, no new information yet Smiley Sad

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Will there even be DDR4 Tactical Tracers? This post answer stated that we should have seen the new tracers eariler this year but almost halfway through 2016 and not even a bit of new on them.

I'd really like to have my next build in early June to have DDR4 Tactical Tracers. Is there any word on them? At least a confimation that they're coming? If so, can we expect any news within the next month or so or later into 2016 when we should be expecing anything?

Community Manager

Hi justasking,

There is no ETA for DDR4 tracers. We expect that they will be coming in the future because we have offered them in our DDR2 and DDR3 lineup. However, we have no idea the time frame yet as to when they will be offered. I don't believe we will know by June either. I apologize for the inconvenience.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

Looking forward to pick up 32 GB or 64 GB of DDR4 Tractical Tracers for a new build.

But please make sure to improve the Mod utility software to be compatible with more motherboards.