Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Re: Ballistix Tactical Tracer for DDR4?

So any update?

Bit Baby

So any update? I´d love to add them to my new build. 

Bit Baby

s

Kilobyte Kid

Any news on this? Looking forward to DDR4 Tracers!

Kilobyte Kid

As i am still waiting myself for an answer to the question, i have resubmitted my question to Crucial Support, with my original email history attached.

Hopefully we'll hear some good news soon. I'll update this thread as soon as i hear anything, good news or otherwise.

Capt.

Kilobyte Kid

So i recieved this reply this morning from the same person who responded to my very first question on the previous page, last year (i dont think it's relevant who that person is specifically, I'm only highlighting the consistent chain of communication).

Unfortunately this is not good news. To be honest i dont really understand it.

"Thanks for your reply. I am afraid at the moment there is no plans to release DDR4 Tracer modules.

This may change over time and if/when these parts are released then we will add these to our online website.

If you have any further questions or need further help, just let me know."

Kilobyte Kid

Smiley Sad

Probably due to the low memory prices at the moment. Its difficult to sell anything that has added production cost due to fancy extra features.

Kilobyte Kid

I find myself taking a scrap of comfort from your statement. I'm not savvy enough on materials and manufacturing costs to know otherwise, but if there's a chance that at some point in the future, perhaps by the time DDR5 or even DDRx has arrived, it will once again be worth producing Ballistix Tactical Tracer chips... I'll be first in the queue.

Grumpy!  Smiley Mad

Bit Baby

My X99 is awaiting Tactical Tracer DDR4 memory  Smiley Sad

Spoiler

Kilobyte Kid

8 DIMMs of Tracer madness Smiley Very Happy