Ballistix Tactical Tracers and X79

SOLVED
Community Manager

Re: Ballistix Tactical Tracers and X79

Hi mattp1986,

Thank you for contacting us today. If you purchase the memory directly through us the memory will all be compatible. We can't say as much for our vendors as we don't know when they would have received their stock. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Mattp1986:  i am using R4E mobo, with 8x4gb (1866) b/o and r/g sticks.

the ram i ordered was from newegg.ca (in sept 2013).

the ram rec'd was not compatible with the motherboard.

crucial did RMA the o/b ram, and emailed me an updated MOD 64bit utility (for my win7).  

the orange blue work fine.. but i have still not rec'd any email suggesting they have fixed the r/g ram yet.

the new MOD software somewhat works with the r/g.. but it glitches (where sometimes the ram doesnt appear on the list)

So ordering o/b seems safe from crucial direct, but id call their support staff to confirm the r/g before ordering. 

the speed of the ream matters, as some are compatible, and others are not.  my selection of 1866, was of the not-compatible variety.. luckily they were in the process of fixing it, and i have got half replaced already.

Still curious on the status of the r/g myself Smiley Sad

Kilobyte Kid

OK im on Windows 8.1 64bit and have the latest bios installed the MOD tool just wont open it says Motherboard not compatible Vendor 8086 Model 3C00. 

I love the look of the RAM but its too big a risk to buy it and have it not working properly. Im really tempted to take the plunge and just order them direct from crucial, I suppose if the worst happens i can always be refunded.

So the 1866 Mhz ram doesen't work at all then and dont suppose you could post a link to the updated MOD tool as well.

Thanks for your replies.

Kilobyte Kid

when i got the RMA ram from crucial, i still got the 'motherboard not compatible' message.

only after they emailed me a new mod program to try did i get it launching.

the 1866 ram did work on this mobo, in the sense that the system launched (no crashes).. and the leds did light up, but on default blue (o/b) and green (r/g).  with default pattern displayed.. but without the mod util, i couldnt change the LED or patterns.

with the RMA'd ram, and the new MOD util, i can change leds (front / back), and also 4 different patterns.

the old ram (occassionally) displays on the MOD util, but more times then not, it wont display, so you cant adjust all those old ram chips seemlessly (colors/patterns).  They are working on the 1866 r/g 4gig ram fix for the R4E.. so waiting for that to occur.

i am using win7pro 64b, so not sure if theres a difference with win8.1.. 

when i get home i'll edit this response with the version number of the MOD that works for me.

Kilobyte Kid

OK thanks, ive ordered 4 red green sticks and 4 blue orange. I will keep you posted on how it all goes. Meanwhile keeping everything crossed.

If not im sure i can get a refund from Crucial, I really hope to get them working they look fantastic, there is no other RAM on the market that looks as good IMO.

Kilobyte Kid

Any updates on the MOD utility i received a link from crucial support telling me to download the MOD again. However it was the same as before i cant load the program up, my motherboard is incompatible.

Hope this can be resolved soon.

Kilobyte Kid

It is really hard to determine which one is newer when they do not put the version number on the .zip file or the executable itself.

Crucial, could you please use some sort of versioning to help us?

Is the absolute newest version on the site? Plus, is there any way you could make it more acessible. It is really had to find the software in the first place. Smiley Happy

~BizSAR
Kilobyte Kid

Just a quick update for you all, i received my Tactical Tracers this morning and installed all 32gb of them, Ive got 4 B/O sticks and 4 R/G. i installed them and the green and blue lights show up at first. Much to my surpise i then tried to load up the MOD Utility and it worked first time. I now have all the colours working perfectly and can change the pattern and brightness too. 

Look like this problem has been resolved at least for this motherboard, Rampage 4 Extreme. I hope everyone gets their RAM sorted, Take it from me it looks absolutely fantastic when its working properly. 

Thanks everyone for helping me through this and thanks Crucial for all your support.

Community Manager

Hello all,

We now have the 4GB 1866mhz Red/ Green tracer modules available in the compatible revision for the Intel® X79 chipset-based motherboards. If any of you have been waiting to place orders on these modules or exchange your modules,  please contact us directly. Thank you all for your patience!!

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

So I had both my Red/Green and Orange/Blue Tracer modules (4gb 1866mhz) replaced by crucial now.. and now all my Ram works on my x79 motherboard Smiley Happy  and the MOD util works like a charm too!

Thankyou Crucial for such great customer service!

its nice when you get followup emails from the company, instead of being forced to continually followup yourself.