Ballistix Tactical Tracers and X79

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Ballistix Tactical Tracers and X79

[ Edited ]

Yes, it now functions as it should be. One interesting thing I noticed is that when the 64 bit version first worked it had a whole bunch of extra pattern options like Cylon, Cylon 2 etc. These options are not seen under the working 32-bit version. As far as I know there are only 4-5 pre-set pattens on it. Were these versions planned to be implemented but never used? Just curious.

Thanks for the help.

Community Manager

Hi advent,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried both the 32bit and the 64bit versions and the different patterns available are Stereo, Inside Out, Lava and Streamer.

Both versions of the MOD utility have the same settings.  You mentioned Cyclone and so on but I was unable to find them in the settings.  When did you see these patterns?  Was it in an older version of the MOD utility? 

I am happy to hear that you have the MOD utility now up and running on your system. 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hi Admin, you still didn't answer my question posted previously. 

Community Manager

Hi xxdalzxx,

We would be happy to set up an RMA. Please contact us directly using the information in my signature. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Best regards, 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hello i wonder if you can help me, My system is using the ASUS P9X79PRO motherboard and I have 4 x 4GB sticks of the O/B Tactical Tracer in my system i have had the memory for a while now and was hoping that a fix for my problems would appear then i have found this where other people seem to be having the same sort of problems although i don't get any problems with my system hanging as others seem to have had, I am running Windows 7 and when I try to run the mod util in Windows 7 it doesn't find any compatible modules it will often pick up 1 stick of RAM sometimes 2 and if i'm lucky 3 but never the four sticks that i have installed and it sometimes allows me to change the colour and maybe the pattern of 1 or 2 but it always seems to be the same channel that changes colour etc although the mod util says it is another channel but most of the time it just says no compatible modules have been found not all the sticks show at the same time and it will only let me change the colour on two sticks two do not seem to even show up..  I have downloaded the latest MOD Util but still get the same problems

Is there any fix for this yet?

I now know there is some issues with x79 platform and the RAM which i did'nt realise at the time of purchase but i love the memory and the possibilities of changing the patterns and colour so i don't really want to have to spend on more memory from else where so any help with this would be great.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi jackel979,

I am sorry for the issues that you are experiencing with your upgrade. I think at this point it would be best for you to call us directly. Our information can be found in my signature. 

Thanks,

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

Hi, I had the same issue with BLT4G3D1869DT2TXRG.16FKD DIMMs on my ASRock X79 Champion. After contacting Crucial UK they exchanged all 8 DIMMs for BLT4G3D1869DT2TXRG.16FKDB DIMMs (note the B on the end) and these work well. They are a later revision that use a different chip for the SPD data, Temperature data and LED control. I suspect Crucial have known about this issue for a while as I noticed MOD changes the IMC SMBus clock speed from 100KHz to 48KHz which I expect is an attempt to get round the issues you describe. It half works, but the BIOS on my motherboard was not at all happy about this.

Bit Baby

Sadly I am having the same trouble with my Asus R4BE...

I have 24 GB of the tactical tracer ram that works fine in my Asus R3E x58 motherboard but will not even allow the system to post in my new R4BE x79 system.

but the two newest ones that I bought (8GB - 2x4GB) R/G to match the others work just fine.

the part number of the set that works is: BLT4G3D1608DT2XRG.16FM

The part number of the ones that don't are: BLT4G3D1608DT2XRG.16FMR

the only thing I see different is the "R" at the end.

the worst part is, this is a new build for PDXLAN event on Friday the 11th, and this problem comes up not leaving me much time for any solutions.

Thoughts?? suggestions???

Bit Baby

Wow..  I must say... that I have already gotten a fast response from support on this issue...

steps are being taken in the right direction.