Conflict between same memory but made in different countries

Bit Baby

Conflict between same memory but made in different countries

Last year I bought 2 8gig sticks of Balistix Sport. Thers have been running great. Last week I bought 2 more to improve my system

When there are in place the computer runs with a stutter, or when I try and open my pictures foulder the computer crashes. or just locks up.. As soon as I take these out the computer runs fine again.

The first set are made in America. The new ones are made in China.

Anyone else had this issue ?

6 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Conflict between same memory but made in different countries

Hi MontyFlange,

Thank you for your comments.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that your system is stuttering with your new memory installed.  We can get this resolved for you.

What we would need first is the part numbers from the old memory module and the new memory modules.  The part numbers are listed on a sticker on the side of the memory and they will start with BL.

This will allow us to check the speed and types of memory to make sure they are compatible with each other.  The next thing we need is the make and model of your motherboard or computer.  This lets us check if the new memory is listed as compatible. 

I would also recommend trying the new memory on it's own in the system.  This is a quick way to test and see if it's a compatibility issue between the computer and the memory or the two memory types.

I can assure you that no matter where our memory is made, it has to go through the same high standard of testing.  Once we have the above information, we can look in to what is causing this and get it resolved for you.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

OK I'll get all the details for you. Thanks

Bit Baby

Memory serial numbers

Bit Baby

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

Community Manager

Hello MontyFlange,

Thank you for your message.

First of all, I'm sorry that your new memory is not working in your system.  No matter where the memory is made, it is made to the same specifications so they will work together. 

I would recommend trying the new memory in the system one at a time with no other memory installed.  This is the best way to check and see if any of the new memory modules have a fault.  If there is a fault, we can arrange an exchange under warranty for you. 

Please let me know how it goes and if you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

I've tried that and as said they are OK on thier own but as soon as you mix them up they start playing up.