Crucial Ballistix Design Contest

Crucial Ballistix Design Contest

Speak up for a chance to WIN! Post your creative idea for the next Crucial Ballistix high performance memory design on this thread by Nov. 11, 2012, to be entered to win an 8GB kit of Crucial Ballistix high performance memory and a 64GB Crucial Adrenaline solid state cache drive! Get creative: heat spreaders, material, colors, design, size, speeds and feeds, everything is fair game!

For complete terms and conditions, visit here.

Katana,
US Moderator
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
13 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial Ballistix Design Contest

offer different colored PCBs like Red, blue, green, black. All copper heat spreader That is bolted to the DIMMs, would require 4 holes thru the PCB to allow this to happen, but this would ensure constant even pressure onto the memory ICs themselves and better heat transfer to the all copper heat spearder. Finally use small fins on the top of the heat spreaders for better thermal conductivity.

MeL
Memory Leak Geek

[ Edited ]

Ballistix's would look nice lit up on motherboard and would be easy reconizable Smiley Happy

Memory Leak Geek

Make it low profile. As low as you can go!

An aggressive XMP profile is expected, but maybe the inclusion of a second, less aggressive XMP profile would be welcomed too.

Thanks for the contest.

Bit Baby

a RAM water block able with Panasonic PGS 

Bit Baby

I'm surprised your engineers with all their fancy book learnin' haven't thought of this earlier:

Kilobyte Kid

it would he be nice to have some UV reactive materials since most modders use UV led's to show off their rigs.

And then again some work on the heat spreaders making them low profile. (Although I love big heaysinks but sometimes there no space with the CPU fan) and more finer heat sinks with detailed edges and maybe some engraved logos instead of a big sticker. So it gives more of a stealth effect

Neon colors are good!!. But brushed aluminium sometimes takes the show as well :-)

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

i just wanna have some FUN Smiley Wink

what do you think guys Smiley Happy

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

Different colors available for the heat spreaders. Replaceable ?

Memory Leak Geek

[ Edited ]

Hi, i gave a try for this challenge, but mostly tryed to get an original looking instead of great cooling and low obstruction

so i have the idea of a "simple" piece of alluminium that would be chrome (not full chrome, but more blurry unlike on the renders), then bent at like 2/6 at each sides, and then curved over the stick, with "MIRAGE" text which would be standard plastic stickers, also reflectiv, but differently

here is some renders of what i get : 

i think this soft shape give a sexy look to the stick (and won't hurt your fingers when you push it is ^^) + the chrome make it able to match the color of any rigs, because it will reflect it Smiley Happy