Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB kit DDR3-2133

Kilobyte Kid

Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB kit DDR3-2133

Hello,

I just recently purchased the  Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 UDIMM and i just got done placing them in. It says it's PC3-1700 on the website but when i open CPU-Z and other system info program, it reads it as PC3-12800. I can use XMP profile and it does go to the right speed of 2133 MHZ but should i be worried about the PC3-12800? Was i sent the wrong item?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB kit DDR3-2133

Hello Vipes,

Thank you for your message.

First of all, I'm sorry if there is any confusion over this upgrade.  When you install Ballistix memory they are designed to be used in XMP and this will give you the correct memory speed as advertised on the packaging. 

You don't have to worry about the non XMP speed as it's not a true reflection of what the memory should be running at.  All you have to do is activate XMP and you'll have the memory running at the perfect speed.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB kit DDR3-2133

[ Edited ]

Vipes and Junket, i have a similar question for the Ballistix Tactical 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 UDIMM kit. I think Vipes has asked the same question and Junket has answered it here. Smiley Happy

ps, on my Asus AMD motherboard, you need to look for DOCP to set the ram, AMD speak for XMP so i have read elsewhere. 

Barmy Fred.