Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
rzlez7

Crucial Ballistix Issues

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm currently using 2x8gb 1866mhz ballistix kits (BG112KS.1C). One of the modules already had to be replaced quite early in its life. Now it seems quite suddenly the other three have have also failed. I had to fill out an rma for the first two (thinking that was it), however later today another one failed. This meant I filled out a seperate rma.

My first question is: Can I send these two rma's (three sticks) in one package to save postage ?

Second Question: Having owned ballistix before (ddr2 and ddr3), is there a reason that all of these have failed ? Afterall in my system ,which uses a xeon, they all run at xmp profile and no more.

Third question: (last one aha)  If there is an issue with this kit and my set up, could I request an alternative ? I don't mind if its fractionally slower as long as they are reliable.

Kind Regards

Sinclair

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Crucial Ballistix Issues

in reply to rzlez7

HI rzlez7, 

I am sorry that you have been having issues with your Ballistix RAM. I will try and help answer all your questions :smileyhappy: 

1) Yes, you may send the two RMA's in the same package. Please just write both RMA numbers on the outside of the package.

2)  We haven't had very many RMAs on these products. Since you are using them the way that they are suppose to be (running them with the XMP profile) it may just be a fluke. 

3) If there are any issues with this set up we can definitely look at an alternative. We typically replace these modules part for part, but if you are having a lot of issues we can definitely take a look at alternatives. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
rzlez7

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

Well I'm currently running with my friends 2x8gb 1600mhz tracer and they run extremely well. So hence why I was wondering if could replace my 4 sticks for something like that. I know they are a tad slower, but they have been in his pc for a while and have been super reliable.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to rzlez7

Hi rzlez7,

We can possibly look in to alternatives for you.  Please send me a direct message with your full address and RMA number and I can look in to other options for you.

Alternatively we do have a free phone customer support team on 0800 013 0330 who would be more than happy to help.  If you're calling from a mobile you can call on a reduced rate on 01355 586 100.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
rzlez7

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Thank you. Message sent. :smileyhappy:

Our Latest Posts