No Boot with Crusial Ballistix Tactical Tracer and a NEW PSU

Bit Baby

No Boot with Crusial Ballistix Tactical Tracer and a NEW PSU

[ Edited ]

Hi. I'm a newbie and i have just registered here because I'm facing a problem with my old Crusial Ballistix Tactical Tracer  (BLT8G3D1608DT2TXRG) and my new Corsair RM750i PSU.

I've just baught a new RM750i PSU and install it to my quiet old system.
I'm using an Intel i5 3570K CPU 22nm (Ivy Bridge)
MB: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H with the latest BIOS (F10)
DIMM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1x8GB DDR3-1600

With my old Thermaltake PSU (460W) everything worked just fine and my system had a normaly booting.
PS: I have never change settings in XMP (XMP is disabled) and i'm using optimized defaults in my bios settings.

When i changed PSU with my new RM750i, my system turned on but didn't boot. It didn't event boot to Bios. I tried to place the DIMM in the other slots with no luck.
But when i replace the DIMM with a Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz 1x4GB KVR1333D3N9/4G, my system booted corectly.

Can anyone tell me if there is any solution to make it work with the Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DIMM???

My motherbord's memory specs are:

1. 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
    * Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR3 2200(OC)/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
    * To support DDR3 1600 MHz, you must install an Intel 22nm (Ivy Bridge) CPU.
  4. Support for non-ECC memory modules
  5. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
    * To support XMP memory, you must install an Intel 22nm (Ivy Bridge) CPU.

Thank you in advance..!!

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: No Boot with Crusial Ballistix Tactical Tracer and a NEW PSU

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with your RAM. At this time I think it may be best for you to contact us directly, so that we can troubleshoot more in depth. Our contact information can be found in my signature. I apologize for the inconvenience.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?