READ ME FIRST: Ballistix Guides and FAQs

Community Manager

READ ME FIRST: Ballistix Guides and FAQs

[ Edited ]

We want all of our members to enjoy their experience in the Crucial forum community. Please bear in mind the following when asking for help:

1. Please do not post in all caps. This is unnecessary and makes the forums difficult to read.

2. Create new posts for your specific issue, unless a solution has been posted prior. (Use "search" function to find a solution that has already been posted. Do not change the subject headlines for other posts.)

3. Post a subject title that provides a clear indication of the problem you are experiencing. For example. posting something like "Major problem!! Look inside!" does not communicate anything about the issue you are facing.

4. Please provide the following information:

• Make and model names of computer or motherboard. If you do not know this information, click on the following link to use our system scanner.

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

When the scanner has finished, copy the URL from your browser's address bar and paste it into your post, so we can find the information.

• Crucial Part Number. The one from the part, not the one from the scan result page (the two are different).

• A detailed description of issue.  Simply saying "part is not working" does not provide enough information to be able to give a detailed, helpful response.

You can see the forum general rules and guidelines HERE

4 Replies
Community Manager

How to contact Customer Service

Please also note that the purpose of the community is for users to help each other. Crucial Moderators keep an eye on the boards and will only jump in with assistance where required or after a certain amount of time has passed.

If you would like a quick and direct response from Crucial you can call us or use the Live Chat facility. Just click on the link below for your location, click "More contact options," and then select Customer Service to view our contact information.

US - www.crucial.com/contact
UK - www.crucial.com/uk/contact
EU - www.crucial.com/eu/contact

Note: Please do not use the "report abuse" feature to ask questions or request help.  That feature is to be used for reporting abusive or incorrect posts, not to contact Customer Service.

Community Manager

I'm confused! Is Ballistix or Crucial standard the right memory for me?

It depends on what you use your computer for.

Because the Ballistix product line was designed to run at speeds above and beyond industry standard specifications, Ballistix is not for the mainstream computer user. The Ballistix product line was developed specifically for gamers and power users who are trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of their systems.

If you're a casual computer user, sending e-mail, surfing the Web, or downloading photos from your digital camera, then Ballistix probably isn't the product match for your needs. The Crucial standard line is likely the right memory for you.

Community Manager

What is Crucial's Ballistix™ validation process?

You can find published specifications and validation systems here.

Community Manager

How do I configure my motherboard to get the most from my Ballistix™ memory module?

Every motherboard is different. Check the documentation that came with your system, or visit your motherboard manufacturer's Web site for information about your particular system.