Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Baby
DrTrent

Sport VLP compatibility with z87

I'm in the process of building a new system on the z87 chipset. I'm using the Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard and the ballistix sport vlp 2x8GB kit (BLS2K8G3D1609ES2LX0). Since it's new, this motherboard isn't on crucial's list to check for memory compatibility, and asus's list of compatible memory for this motherboard isn't that long either. It only has two crucial kits on it, and this kit isn't one.

My problem is that I get an error code 53 on my motherboard when i try to boot, which is a memory compatibility error. The bios never loads, so I can't change any settings. I assume the compatibility issue comes from the dual voltage aspect of this memory, but the mother board supports other low voltage memory kits. This kit is compatible with similar asus z77 motherboards from the previous generation. Even though it's not explicitly listed as compatible, I was sure that it should work. Does anyone have any advice for trying to make it work?

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Sport VLP compatibility with z87

in reply to DrTrent

Hi DrTrent,

Thank you for contacting us today. I've pulled up the same information you were able to and it does appear that they should work. Have you tried installing one module at a time? If you are able to boot with just one of the modules installed then you would be able to go into the BIOS and configure the settings. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this issue.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Our Latest Posts