Show your Mac some TLC – buy it more RAM!

Community Manager

Show your Mac some TLC – buy it more RAM!

Mac (2).png

I love my iMac! As an amateur photographer, it is an important part of my kit. A few years ago, when I wanted to get more serious about my photo editing, I decided to invest in an iMac and never looked back. Over time, my relationship with my iMac started to strain: I was becoming more and more frustrated because it was becoming slower and slower…. it was no longer the apple of my eye!

Thankfully, my predicament did not last long because I knew how I could extend the lifespan of my Mac without spending hundreds of dollars buying a newer model. This is why, I wanted to reach out to all you Mac lovers out there and share my tips with you.

You should start off by reading 10 tips to increase the speed of a slow Mac system. One of these steps is increasing the amount of memory you have. A memory upgrade is the fastest, easiest, and most affordable way to get more performance out of your Mac system. Well that’s great because Crucial manufacture just what you need - Mac Approved memory modules.

At Crucial, we test our memory in Mac systems to guarantee compatibility and we do sometimes recommend more memory than Apple does.  We only recommend more memory against a system if it has been tested and is guaranteed to work. You can read up more about this here

We also make buying your memory upgrade easy. You can refer to our Compatibility chart for some advice on what RAM will work in your system, and we recommend that you either scan your Mac or select your particular model from our dedicated Mac upgrade page.

Once you receive your shiny new RAM, simply refer to our Mac memory installation guides to find out how you can easily fit them in your system. Remember also that Crucial has a dedicated Mac memory forum board that you can refer to for tips and advice about our RAM for Macs.

So there you have it, the secret to many more happy years with your Mac is within reach! Thank you Crucial!