After closing my old hard drive and booting on SSD I can not see my old drive

Kilobyte Kid

After closing my old hard drive and booting on SSD I can not see my old drive

[ Edited ]

http://www.screencast.com/t/KpPvsjt6I cloned my old hard drive in my Asus G751JL rogue of gaming laptop. I swapped places between my new SSD(bx300) and my old larger non-SSD harddrive. Boots up nice and fast Smiley Happy but now I can not access my old hard drive. Here is a screenshot of disk managment2017-09-30_1816.pngDisk managementOk finally got the  picture to show up Smiley Happy

4 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: After closing my old hard drive and booting on SSD I can not see my old drive

I am really hoping that the answer is not deleting that 844g partition :/

JEDEC Jedi

Re: After closing my old hard drive and booting on SSD I can not see my old drive

[ Edited ]

You certainly don't want to delete your recovery partition (which presumably was cloned from your HDD to your SSD).  And I don't believe it would have any bearing on your inability to see your HDD.

Can you see the HDD in the BIOS?  There's no sign of it there in Windows at all there.  It's not a case of some sort of conflict between the partitions.  The drive isn't there full stop as far as Windows is concerned.  Check the drive is correctly connected physically and can be seen in the BIOS.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

It is showing in bios as HTS541010A9E6 (Travelstar 5K1000). Could this have anything to do with that prior to this that drive was my primary(and only) drive in the system. I took it out and moved it to what look like the secondary drive bay and put the SSD where it was?

Kilobyte Kid

Well shoot, not sure what I did but it is showing up correctly now.

2017-10-01_0700.png