Alternate Source for Crucial Storage Executive?

Kilobyte Kid

Alternate Source for Crucial Storage Executive?

I just bought a MX300 1050MB, and I have not been able to download the Storage Executive from Crucial's link from MX300 support. I've tried with two different PCs and with different browsers (FF and Vivaldi), and I got the same results: It starts to download, but either silently fails, leaving only a fragment of the file downloaded (with a different size each time), or it says "cannot read from source" (only FF does that). I am not experiencing any problems downloading on other sites, so it's almost certainly not on my end. Is there a FTP server or some other source that might still be working?
4 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Alternate Source for Crucial Storage Executive?

I have just checked download links and they work fine for me. Both files were downloaded correctly: 64bit (size 183 763 309) and 32bit (size 194 443 238).

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

Very odd. 

I just booted into Linux (Mint 18 x64) and it worked there too in Firefox, from one of the the same PCs that had failed to download the file in Windows, on the same network.  The browser was unable to determine the file length before the download, but otherwise, no problem.  I've tried dozens of times without success in Windows.

I tried exiting my antimalware and HIPS programs, but it still won't download. 

I've downloaded numerous files today and yesterday in Windows without a problem.  I don't have any reason to suspect malware is present on either PC.

Bogdan, what OS did you use to download the files? 

Thanks!  At least I have the file now... though I am puzzled as to what is going on. 

JEDEC Jedi

I have used Windows 7 64bit. I don't know if that would help but you could try to remove temporary internet files, clear your browser cache and... flush dns cache perhaps (with Windows command: ipconfig /flushdns)? 

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby

I had the same problem today - both the 64-bit and 32-bit files start, then fail between 18-25MB.

Here you go: (download from Micron.com's website)  This *says* 64-bit, both are on that page...

https://www.micron.com/products/solid-state-storage/storage-executive-software