Crucial M225 128GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive

SOLVED
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial M225 128GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive

Hello.

I've just purchased a Crucial M225 128GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive.  After installing Windows Vista and rebooting the computer for the 4th or 5th time it failed to boot.  Diskpart tells me that there is no partition on the drive?! 

When I try to re-install Windows Vista I get the following error message.

Failed to format the selected partition. [Error: 0x80070057].

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial M225 128GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive

Sounds like a DOA drive. I had one of these at the weekend. Just got my replacement in today. Cost me to send it back and then a waiting game of 3 days.

I doubt you'll recover the drive now. You should probably initiate an RMA.

Looks like these drives have a high failure rate.  I'm dreading this replacement one going too. I flashed the firmware up to 1711 only to learn it's been pulled for a Windows 7 potential issue. Great.

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial M225 128GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I'll have to sort out an RMA.  Gutted - spent over £200 and it's no good.  Are there really many problems with these drives?!?!

Bit Baby

Re: Crucial M225 128GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive - WAS A BAD CABLE !

I had this problem.  Everything pointed to the SSD.  Install started very slowly - was erratic sometimes - "no drive" - other times SSD would not accept a format but did allow partition adjustments in windows install.  BUT when I changed the cable (data) it behaved pefectly !  The cable got the scissors treatment.