05-27-2013 03:40 AM - edited 05-27-2013 03:41 AM
unfortunately my 64GB Crucial M4 MSATA seems to have died two days ago. I was using my ThinkPad X220 as usual when suddenly the OS started to hang up. I rebooted and after another 5 minutes the problem started again. Rebooted the machine once more and suddenly the BIOS wouldn't detect the SSD anymore.
I then read on the forums that the laptop should idle on the BIOS screen for a couple of hours so that the SSD could do its "Active Garbage Collection" but that didn't seem to help.
So I took the SSD to a friend and put it into his ThinkPad which couldn't detect the SSD either. Did the Garbage Collection on his machine once more just to make absolutely sure that it's not my laptop's fault but the SSD is still dead.
I have bought the SSD last August and never have updated the firmware since then as I never experienced any problems. The SSD's performance was simply great. Is there any hope that I can bring it back to life?
Thanks in advance.
05-27-2013 08:37 AM
Some further information: When powering on my ThinkPad it starts with a beep and the following message:
2101: Detection error on HDD2 (Mini SATA)
Neither Windows nor the firmware update bootable disc are able to recognize the SSD.
06-19-2013 08:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with your drive. It does unfortunately sound like there was a fault but I'm happy to hear you got it exchanged and it's now working fine.
Can you confirm some details about your system and what exact issues you are having?
To help us establish the cause of the issue, could you please confirm as much of the information below as possible:
- What issues are you having?
- How long has the drive been in use?
- When did the problems first occur?
- What is the SSD being used for? (O/S, Storage, Page File, etc.)
- What is the SSD part number printed on the sticker (starting CT):
- Your exact system or motherboard model:
- Have you tried it in another system?
- Your current BIOS revision:
- Do you know your SATA speed (SATA-I 1.5Gb/s, SATA-II 3.0Gb/s, SATA-III 6Gb/s)?
- Operating system:
- Do you have more than one bay for hard drives/SSDs and have you tried the different bays (Laptop users only)?
- What Firmware version is printed on the sticker on the drive?
- Have you upgraded this and if so, what is the current version?
- What BIOS SATA mode are you using (IDE/ AHCI/ RAID)?
- Do you have screen shots available (if relevant)?
If you have any other questions please just ask.