Crucial MX300 2.5-inc SSH 525GB to Macbook pro Mid-2009

Bit Baby

Crucial MX300 2.5-inc SSH 525GB to Macbook pro Mid-2009

I bought the Crucial MX300 2.5 inc SSD 525GB to upgrade to my old macbook Pro, mid-2009 model, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I had old 250GB Sata disk there before

But the system won't work with the new Crucial. What I get with hard drive analysis by Apple

4sns/1 40000000: TB3T-12800 

I've figured that this is related to temperature sensor. Is the thing now so that the drive will not work in my mac due incompatibility with the temperature sensor?

3 Replies
Bit Baby

Re: Crucial MX300 2.5-inc SSH 525GB to Macbook pro Mid-2009

So nobody knows even if this is really supported? If I buy a hard drive that the reseller claims to be compatible, how do I find out to which notebooks it really is compatible?

Not happy at all with this. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

HI miksuf,

Thanks for contacting us. Yes, this SSD is compatible with your Mac Book Pro. It has been tested with it and we have sold many of these upgrades for your system. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Crucial Employee

Could I suggest removing the SSD from the MBP, and plugging it in with some sort of USB adapter/enclosure, like this one we sell on our site. With the drive connected externally see if it can be formatted correctly, then install OSx. After the OS is installed you can boot to the SSD over USB by holding the OPTION key down at startup to test the install. If everything works externally and you install it back inside the MBP and you start to have issues, that could indicated a defective ribbon cable inside the system that may need to be replaced.

The 2.5" drives in Macbook Pros don't have  thermal cable, that's something unique to the iMac desktops, so it's not relevant here.