Crucial MX300 525GB 2,5" Damaged

Kilobyte Kid

Crucial MX300 525GB 2,5" Damaged

Hello,

I build new PC last week. I have small PC case Cooltek Jonsbo C3, so I have to change orientation of some PSU sata plugs.

Unfortunately, I swapped lines: 3.3V with 12V in sata connector. The SSD has stopped being detected by the motherboard.
Of course I checked it on good sata cables after that. I looked inside the disc and there wasn't any visible damages.

Is any chance that this disc can be repaired by Your's service?
On the disc there isn't any important data, but the SSD itself is expensive for me.
And maybe repair will be less expensive than buying new disc.

I bought this disc on 14 march 2017. I understand that it was my mistake,
so i don't expect to warranty repair, but maybe I could send this disc to Crucial by local distributor for check
is repair can be done and how much it will be cost?

Is anything I can do in this situation?

Best regards
Christopher

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Crucial MX300 525GB 2,5" Damaged

@Sparrow-hawk Thanks for contacting us today. You may try putting the drive in a USB enclosure and see if the drive shows up that way. If it doesn't show up still, I would advise you to contact our tech support department directly for further troubleshooting. 

We do not have a place to send drives for repairs. Normally if a drive fails and is in the warranty period we replace it, not repair it. I would advise you contact us directly to speak to someone about this. Our contact info can be found in my signature. 

Best regards, 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Thanks for advice.

I checked drive in USB enclosure, but ssd drive hasn't been detected.

I contacted with tech support for EU region by email.

@Crucial_YogiH: Normally if a drive fails and is in the warranty period we replace it, not repair it.

Normally, users don't swap 3.3V line with 12V. It was my mistake, so I think, that I lost any warranty.

@Update:

I've contacted with Crucial's tech support. They told me about power cycle reset procedure. Unfortunately SSD drive still no working.

Crucial software center tool and motherboard bios doesn't detect drive too.

Because I've opened the SSD drive case after malfunction, I lost my warranty rights, and it can't be replaced with RMA procedure. For the future readers: Warranty is void if label removed or case opened.

So nothing can be done here. I would like to thank the Crucial employees who have made every effort to help me solve my problem.

Best regards

Christopher

Kilobyte Kid

warranty is void stickers are actually illegal, they are placed as a deterrent but any consumer who knows the law can challenge it.