Crucial MX300 SATA M.2 not recognized in ASRock AB350 Pro4 Bios

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial MX300 SATA M.2 not recognized in ASRock AB350 Pro4 Bios

I installed a Crucial MX300 SATA M.2 SSD in my ASRock AB350 Pro4 Mobo and it is not being recognized in the BIOS. It is installed in the lower m.2 slot (Sata) and there is nothing plugged into the shared Sata port. The mobo bios has been flashed to the highest level. I believe that it is 4.5. The Sata drive mode is ahci.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
3 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial MX300 SATA M.2 not recognized in ASRock AB350 Pro4 Bios

Try reseating the SSD.

Try loading the motherboard default BIOS/UEFI settings.  After loading them, I would Save & Exit, and reboot back into the BIOS again to check on the SSD.   

Check to see if there is a BIOS setting to enable the M.2 slot or other storage options.  I don't know if any BIOS security settings could be blocking it like TPM, hardware encryption, etc.  Perhaps the general SATA settings could affect the M.2 slot since it is SATA related.    SATA should be using ACHI mode.

Please post an update if you finally get a solution.

Kilobyte Kid

Thank you for your response, HWTech. I installed the SSD in another motherboard to insure that it was not faulty and it worked fine.

I think that the BIOS should be set to default values since I just updated it; shouldn't it?

I submitted a ticket to ASRock technical support. I'll report back with any news.
JEDEC Jedi

There is no guarantee what the updater does to the settings.   I always Load the Defaults and reconfigure just to be safe.   Most times my customizations aren't far from the defaults anyway.