Crucial MX300 firmware update

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial MX300 firmware update

Hi,

I will be getting a Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD in a few days. I'm going to use it in my laptop and do a re-install of Windows 10 on it.

My question: should I update the firmware of my SSD before installing Windows on it, or after?

I assume it would be better to update the firmware before re-installing Windows, but the SSD will be formatted when Windows installs, so doesn't that mean the firmware update will also be erased when the SSD gets formatted?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial MX300 firmware update

It doesn't make a difference either way to the drive.  It'll be easier for you after installing Windows though since you could use Crucial Storage Executive to do the update for you. Smiley Happy

But if you do choose to do the update first, it won't be erased by a format so you're fine there.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial MX300 firmware update

@targetbsp wrote:

It doesn't make a difference either way to the drive.  It'll be easier for you after installing Windows though since you could use Crucial Storage Executive to do the update for you. Smiley Happy

But if you do choose to do the update first, it won't be erased by a format so you're fine there.

Perfect! Thank you for your reply!