Crucial Storage Executive, Version 3.38

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

We have just released a new verison of the  Crucial Storage Executive which can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-storage-executive

The Crucial Storage Executive comes with the following features:

• Enable the Momentum Cashe feature to enhance burst performance by up to 10x.
  • Update your drive to the latest firmware
  • See how much storage you’ve used
  • Monitor your drive's operating temperature and overall health
  • Reset the drive's encryption password (PSID Revert)
  • Verify your drive’s model number and more

Benefits of the Momentum Cache Feature:

• Increase drive burst performance up to 10x.
  • Extend drive life by reducing redundant write
  • Enable using the Crucial Storage Executive

This free downloadable tool is easy to use and helps monitor and enhance the performance of your SSD – update to the latest firmware and enable the Momentum Cache feature to instantly boost burst performance by up to 10x.1 The tool also allows you to monitor your SSD’s temperature and health, and track how much storage you’ve used. Storage Executive is available in nine languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese (coming soon), and Traditional Chinese) and comes with a user guide.

Benefits of Crucial Storage Executive
  • Enable the Momentum Cache feature to enhance burst performance by up to 10x1
  • Update your SSD to the latest firmware
  • See how much storage you’ve used
  • Monitor your SSD's operating temperature and overall health
  • Reset your SSD's encryption password
  • Verify your SSD's model number
Benefits of the Momentum Cache feature
  • Increase drive burst performance up to 10x1
  • Extend drive life by reducing redundant writes
  • Enable using the Crucial Storage Executive

The Crucial Storage Executive is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 7 and newer versions, including Windows® 10, and supports Crucial MX-series, BX-series, M550, and M500 SSDs.

Part of the functionality of Storage Executive includes firmware upgrades and this initial release of the software included access to the latest  available firmware for Crucial SSD's.  In some cases, an equivalent Independent ISO image may not be available yet.  Our customers that prefer to use an ISO upgrade or must do so due to their operating system are very important to us and we intend to have Updated ISO images available soon.

Please feel free to use this thread to provide us with feedback on the new Crucial Storage Executive.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
8 Replies
Bit Baby

Re: Crucial Storage Executive, Version 3.38

After installing and using Storage Executive version 3.34, I noticed windows 10 will no longer save dual-monitor screen positions and orientations on reboot. 

Diagnostic:  Reformatted the hard drive, re-installed all software, rebooting after each stage.  All was well.  Then, as a last step, installed Storage Executive (then version 3.34).  Installed, and lost the ability to save the changes.  I am puzzled.  I have repeated this test twice.

Unclear if setting Monumentum Cache or OP, or if simply installing the software caused this problem.  But it is clear it has something to do with Storage Executive. 

Q: Are there known issues with Windows 10 display settings and dual-monitor systems?

Further documentation of my plight here: 

http://keyliner.blogspot.com/2016/12/windows-10-screen-position-is-not-saved.html

Will retest with the newer version of Storage Exec.

Current windows 10
NVidia GeForce 600-series video; current drivers.

Intel I7, I

Motherboard Dell Inc. 0KWVT8
Northbridge Intel ID0C00 06
Southbridge Intel ID8C44 04

Keywords

Windows 10 screen position and orientation lost after reboot

Windows 10 display settings reset on restart on reboot

windows 10 dual monitors revert to default positions

Bit Baby

Well, that figures, Storage Executive version 3.38 appears to have fixed the problem where windows 10 would not save display settings after a reboot.
Hopefully this helps others.
Thank you.

Bit Baby

I hate to say it but with this version, storage executive still does not detect my crucial m500 as a supported device for momentum cache. Windows 7 pro, I have the drive configured as AHCI.

Kilobyte Kid

I just installed a 525GB MX300 drive into my computer and downloaded the 64-bit version your Crucial Storage Executive application.

The installation completes fine, but when I launch the program, I get a Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working error after the splash screen.

The problem event name is BEX64 and fault module name is MSE-API.dll.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and I have the most recent 64-bit version of Java installed.

What could be causing this?

Kilobyte Kid

I believe my copy was downloaded before that date and is version 3.38.102016.07.  

Is this the latest or should I get the new download?

Thank you!

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

As far as I can see it is the latest one at the moment.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

(Might have double-posted this - if so sorry)

I've just installed this version, but it does nothing except show the splash screen then stops running. My previous version 3.24 worked fine.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Edit: Win 10 version 1607

Kilobyte Kid

Is there any compelling reason to upgrade to 3.38 over my current version 3.34? Has the momentum cache driver been updated?