Crucial Storage Executive

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial Storage Executive

@Crucial_Guru, Would you mind looking at my second post in..

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Issues-installing-Windows-10-on-1TB-MX200/td-p/171532

and perhaps provide some advice.  I'm suspecting I should have removed the over-provisioning on the drive BEFORE upgrading to W10, I hope not as I don't really want to clean the disk and then start the upgrade again from scratch. Smiley Sad

Most appreciated.

Bit Baby

I hava a question. I used Crucial program Storage Executive to update my firmware on my SSD. After update I run sanitize drive. It has finished, but my PC dosnt reboot into windows after, instead goes back to sinitize. Now I cant reboot my PC normaly or from bios. What should I do??? SSD was on exterial disk platform and my windows is on diferend disk.

Kilobyte Kid

Thanks for this nice utility, I like Momentam Cache and works fine for me Smiley Very Happy

Binary Boss

I don't know if you've tried it yet, but the Samsung SSD "enhancer" is so bad that I wouldn't EVER consider another Samsung SSD, period! I just replaced the 500GB 840 Evo Pro with the Crucial MX200 500GB and I'm glad I checked out the forums before deciding whether I'll use their Storage Exec software or burn a CD-R and boot to it for a "manual" update.

Frankly, after considering the latter, I plan to simply use the Storage Exec and then immediately remove it 'with extreme prejudice'.

Thanks for the info!

Rich

Kilobyte Kid

Yeah, you have made a right choice, after initial excitement died down I felt it's nothing special same as Samsung's utility, it's all an illusion like a magic show, nothing seems to be realSmiley LOL

Bit Baby

Good day, just installed youe utility and it crashes all time I try to execute it.

Here`s the log, that it was generated

http://pastebin.com/rjfDJQst

Kilobyte Kid

Hello everyone,

I just installed my MX300 750GB and Storage Executive doesn't recognize it. I would like to be able to use all the options in the software and feel quite let down honestly. It's not like the drive is playing Hide-and-Seek with the software. It's also correctly showing in Device Manager. How hard would it be to make the software recognize it?

Crucial.JPG

Best,
Bogdan

JEDEC Jedi

Hi Bogdan,

Your screenshot is not visible yet but I would probably suggest checking if the drive is connected to Intel SATA 3 port and/or checking what version of SATA driver is in use and possibly trying different one.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

My drive was identified just fine in 3.24, and upon upgrading to 3.34 my drive is no longer recognized as a crucial drive by storage executive. I've tried a bunch of things like changing around the IDE/RAID/AHCI settings in my bios and tried different versions of my chipset drivers all to no avail. I suspect this may possibly be an issue with storage executive......

SSD in AHCI mode: win7-64, m500 240gb ssd (MU05), asus p6t deluxe v2 mobo

I have tried to use (in firefox, palemoon, and IE) the contact support page linked at the top right of storage executive but that does not seem to function or even do anything

Kilobyte Kid

I used this tool to update the firmware on my m550. Now it is stuck in a loop.

Micron Storage Executive.

Loading...Done.

No drives needing update discovered!

Your system will now return to normal operation following a reboot.

Then it reboots and displays that message again.

My pc is no longer usable.

I then downloaded the firmware ISO, burned it to a disk and tried to update the firmware, but I get the same message.

Please help...