Crucial Storage Executive

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial Storage Executive

thanks

Bit Baby

Hi i can't run CSE. I'm using Windows 8.1, my AV is AVG, SSD: MX300

I was try to disable AVG and install Java and CSE. That didin't work. Every time when i want to launch CSE my java is crushing.

Kilobyte Kid

I'm having an issue with CSE.  It installs, but then crashes when I try to run it.

I would uninstall and reinstall, but now I can't find the app.  Doesn't show up anywhere and when I try to install again, it says CSE is already installed.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

Kilobyte Kid

Just installed an MX500 1TB drive... all went really smoothly. Great!

Then I tried installing CSE. Installed fine... a bit of a surprise seeing it was Java based, but Ok.

Tried running it and it is painfully slow. All seems to work as expected but at a snail's pace. Example: Looking at the Momentum Cache page, decide to look at System Information. Click the button... up comes a spinning gear saying "Processing...". Two minutes and 5 seconds later, the SI screen is displayed. Basically, the tool is unusable.

Thankfully, the drive works fine.

Kilobyte Kid

Just had a chat with Crucial support... they telll me that the slow response of CSE on my system is because I'm using a RAID controller. The SSD is a standalone drive but controlled through the RAID controller. Apparently this is a known problem.

kms
Kilobyte Kid

Installed version of Crucial Storage Executive 3.50.102017.03
At startup shows that there is a new version 3.55.032018.04.

2018-05-24_171422

When I try to update, I get this error

2018-05-24_172123

That is, the new version is lower than the one already installed (3.46.062017.04)

How can this be?