Crucial Storage Executive

Binary Boss

Re: Crucial Storage Executive

Hello.

My Programm will not start on Windows 8.1 64 bit. I only see the blue Window with the name and nothing happens.

Any Idea?

I´m sorry, but my English is nicht so gut Smiley Happy
JEDEC Jedi

Maybe it has an issue with opening new internet browser window/tab? Could you run the Storage Executive, wait 10 secs and enter this address? - http://localhost:8080/storageexecutive/gui/sysinfo

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Binary Boss

[ Edited ]

It is loading for an hour and when i type the Adress into Chrome nothing happens :/.

E: After a new installed Windows 8 the Programm will not start :/.

Kilobyte Kid

I dont get to see that picture at all.

http://localhost:8080/storageexecutive/gui/sysinfo

Internal error

Return to home page

I have bought a Crucial mx100 512gb SSD, its seen in bios but not & never yet in any windows computer management or windows explorarer, device manager and such like, only as a external when plugged in on a usb port. Its formatted as a basic drive with one folder now on it for ease of locating but not seen in any method in Windows. Tried two different sata cables and power leads. I only want to use the SSD as a data storage to transfer to another PC eventually once Windows ten arrives then I will transfer everything over then.

Looking at Hardware Ids, there is no mention of MU## numbering, so with it being brand new what would it not have the correct MU firmware on it already.

ChristopherI'd recommend running a power cycle on the SSD, and we have a guide on how to do that, here: http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-did-my-SSD-quot-disappear-quot-from-my-system/ta-p/6521...

As for this Power Cycle, I have done this a numnber of times, but it doesnt seem to have made any effect whatsover. This Live Chat stated they would honour a replacement if its faulty, but what if its not and theres just something not compatable.

I can write to the SSD when connected by my external lead set, which is useful for copying across from any hard drive without the need to install it in any PC or laptop.

So folks, help realy needed, it feel a big waste of money at the momnent, & I need to get my normal 300GB drive replaced because its failing.

JEDEC Jedi

Hi SouthernRocker, what is the system (motherboard/laptop) you were trying to connect the drive to? If that is a PC motherboard I would check BIOS and SATA ports options, it would be odd but it is possible some ports may be disabled in BIOS. The next thing I would probably try would be checking for BIOS update.

Binary Boss

When will there be a new version?

Community Manager

No ETA yet on an updated version.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Binary Boss

I'm fairly certain it's not possible to write negative amounts of sectors:

http://i.imgur.com/GLMgJ03.png

Smiley Very Happy

JEDEC Jedi

[ Edited ]

Smiley LOL It shows negative count for me too. It seems this value is improperly calculated by Storage Executive.

Kilobyte Kid

Hi, I recently found out about this software and decided to try it out, but i'm having some problems.

I downloaded the latest version (3.15.112014.06 64bit) and installed it on my PC with Windows 8.1 64bit. It launches without a problem, however when i try to view the website, the browser (firefox, chrome or ie) simply freezes while connecting without recovering.

I have an MX100 256GB. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any idea on what could be the problem/how to fix it?