Crucial Storage Executive

JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial Storage Executive

[ Edited ]

This old motherboard uses NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI chipset. I have no experience with nvidia chipsets but as far as I can remember reading over interweb ;-) they are not too good combined with modern SSDs.

There is a driver you could probably try to install - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/30655/en-us

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Memory Leak Geek

Bingo! There was a problem with that particular nVidia driver package but i managed eventually to get the latest nvidia sataide driver (from 2010) to install and storage executive now works! And my drive has 100% lifetime remaining so i'll have plenty of time to enjoy it and work out what all the data mean :-) Thanks so much for taking the effort to elp sort this problem - shame crucial support don't have the expertise.

JEDEC Jedi

Good to hear that, autolycus Smiley Happy I guess they can help with specific hardware related problems but may possibly fail at one of the uncountable possible software issues encountered at one of the countless PC configurations users can have Smiley LOL

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

I used this and tried to update my firmware. Now my pc is stuck in a boot loop.
I have dual boot Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu. Both installed on separate drives.

Now I guess I have to reinstall because I tried repairing the mbr and it did nothing.

Update: The firmware is now corrupted on my SSD. Reinstalling won't help. Smiley Sad

I tried to install the firmware with an ISO boot disk and it gives an error tmp folder not found and exits. Smiley Sad

Memory Leak Geek

There was no way i was going to install a firmware update using this utitlity; of course it's easy to be wise after the event and no help to you i'm afraid.

In reply to bogdan, i would just say that i take your point and i wouldn't expect them to know a billion different hardware/driver/software/browser combinations. But a simple bit of advice like 'make sure you have the manufacturer's latest chipset drivers installed' would have gone a long way. I did tell them i had an old mobo and a new Win7 64 bit installation. And they did go on at length about the bios. Perhaps they felt drivers were too obvious, but i doubt i'm the only one to make this error. All's well that ends well i guess :-)

Bit Baby

I bought BX100 120gb from turkey.But i didn't install storage executive client.Icon shows but it don't running.What can I install storage executive client?

Thanks for help for now. 

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

I have not seen this posted elsewhere in this thread so I decided to register so I could share this solution for those not getting past the splash screen.

I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit with the most recent Java installed- and working properly - and despite this, the application would not launch. Thanks to Żurawina for pointing out the that the process that starts is Java (javaw.exe)

After inspecting the process, I found that the Java instance that is launched is not the default installation on your PC but a local version under C:\Program Files\Crucial\Crucial Storage Executive\java which is not the latest.

I renamed this folder java-bak and copied the cotents of my Java installation from C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45 to C:\Program Files\Crucial\Crucial Storage Executive\java.

Bingo! The application launches now and I can access the configuration options I wanted.

Hope this helps others.

HCC

Bit Baby

I tried but it's not working
Bit Baby

Hy,

I wanna give a try to StorageExecutive-3.20.042015.04-windows-64bit-Setup for its SMART and temp reports.

I have to let you know that I never get it to work.

It ever failed, showing a page with an anoying

Internal error

what ever i try, on Firefox, Chrome and IE, latest version at time.

JAVA is also latest version: 8.31 (build 1.8.0_31-b13).

I got 2 SSD (M500 & MX100) on my dev machine (Dell Precision T3500 with Intel Xeon W3690 6core hyperthreaded @3.47GHz, 18Go RAM) under Windows7 x64 (booting on M500).

Also, the SSDs are up with the latest firmware.

I checked everything I could and I know what, as I'm a programmer for almost 20 years now!

Deceipt, I give up..

By the way, I also agree that it's a shame making a f***ing JAVA local server rather than a solid exe tool !

Ans just think about that doing so you force people install JAVA what in my opinion is now become a "malware ignition vector". In the last years, I had to purge tens of my friends computers wich corruption started just because they have one time forgotten to uncheck the prechecked "Set and keep Ask as my default search provider" and other.

Ok, it's Oracle's shame to put that sh** in JAVA, but yours to force users to install JAVA !

Kilobyte Kid

Hello.

Im running MX100 Crucial_CT256MX100SSD1, and the Storage Executive cant detect it.

This is what I get:

http://i.imgur.com/0caFGlK.png

SSD runs normally anyway, Id say. The only other problem I have with it, is that it seems I cant shrink the size of the partition. I have tried Windows disk managed and also EASEUS Partition Master.

I wanted to update the firmware but since the Storage Executive doesnt detect it properly Im bit scared to do it.

Any ideas?