Crucial Storage Executive

JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial Storage Executive

I think someone in another thread determined that was down to your sata driver.  Try a different version of it, or failing that, revert to the microsoft one in device manager

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

I installed latest chipset drivers from AMD (15.7). Before that I had 14.12 and same issue.  I was told new drivers could increase performance. But I will try you suggestion and report back. Thanks so far

JEDEC Jedi

Pretty sure they had AMD too so could be an issue with their drivers.

Bit Baby

Re: Crucial Storage Executive 3.2 (It won't start, it sits at splash screen for hours)

Hi  I have installed and uninstalled a number of times (with reboots) but regardless of which browser I make default (IE 10, Google Chrome 45.) it just sits there.  No error (checked event logs) Here is the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Crucial\Crucial Storage Executive\java\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dmicron.mse.gui.brand=Crucial -Dmicron.mse.gui.variant=Client -jar "C:\Program Files\Crucial\Crucial Storage Executive/lib/gui.jar"

I even installed the latest Java until I noticed that you have you're own version.  

I tried increasing the memory at -Xms128m and -Xmx512m but no joy.  Nothing ever happens.  Eventually I kill javaw.exe.

I am running Windows 7.0 32 bit with 4GB of RAM  (fully patched) and I have a new Crucial MX200 500Gb.  The drive works really really well.  It is like a new machine it is so fast.   I don't have the option to move to 64 bit.

Bit Baby

Help me to get it running.

It doesn't get past the splash screen.   MX200 500Gb  Window 7  32 bit 4GBytes of RAM

Kilobyte Kid

Crucial Storage Executive - Not compatible with m4 drives?

I downloaded Storage Executive through a link on the support page for Crucial m4 2.5inch SSD. Installed and launches fine on my Win10 laptop, but it won't recognize the drive. Apparently, the m4 is not a drive supported by the Storage executive. It does read  S.M.A.R.T.

Is there an older version I can download somewhere?

JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial Storage Executive - Not compatible with m4 drives?

Storage Exec itself is fairly new.  There's never been a version that supports the M4 I'm afraid.

Community Manager

Hi Lebancrax,

Thank you for your comment.

We don't have a version of storage executive that is compatible with M4 SSD's.  What information are you looking to find about your M4? 

We would be more than happy to answer any questions you have at all about your SSD.   We do have a great knowledge base available with lots of different SSD questions.  You can see the SSD knowledge base section here: http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/tkb-p/ssd%40tkb  

Once we have some more information from you, we can look at exactly what you need. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

Thank you for your responses, Crucial_Junket and TargetBSP.

Not looking for any specific information, just curious, especially since the Support site seems to show incorrect information.

The only reason I downloaded and installed Storage Executive is because the m4 support page shows it and provides the download links.

Perhaps an updated support page for the m4 is in order.

Cheers!

Crucial_m4_SupportPage.jpg

Community Manager

Hi Lebancrax,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have reported this to the website team to look in to further.  Storage Executive should not be showing listed against the M4 SSD.  Thank you for pointing this out.

If you do ever have any questions about your drive, please just ask and we would be more than happy to help. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service