Difference between MX300 and new BX300 series

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Difference between MX300 and new BX300 series

Hi
What is the difference between MX300 and new BX300 series? I wanted to order a SSD for my XPS Dell laptop with a capacity around 500 GB... after many research I chose Crucial because of its reputation, reviews and their system scanning tool that scanned my laptop and took me straight to the compatible SSDs... 

But over there, apart from Crucial MX300 525GB for £137 ; there was also a new series of  Crucial BX300 480GB for £133 ...(the capacity ranges I was looking for).. when I compared the two SSDs, I noticed new series of BX300 has only a very very small advantage of 25Mb/s more reading speed... and thats it! ... So given the fact that the prices are almost the same, as well as their sapcs,... and the old version of MX300 having nearly 50 GB more space, I bought a MX300 500GB...

my question is, have I picked the right SSD? and is that 25Mb/s more reading speed the only difference between these two series? if its so, does it worth it to ignore that and go for the bigger SSD? 
Thank you very much 

2 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Difference between MX300 and new BX300 series

[ Edited ]

Historically, the MX drives are mainstream and the BX drives are entry level.  They'll generally be more features on the mainstream drives and they'll generally be faster and more expensive.  But the fact that the BX300 is a fair bit newer than the MX300 has led to the curious scenario where it's a little faster in some scenarios than the MX300.  The speed difference isn't drastic enough that most people would be able to tell a real world speed difference under typical usage, I imagine.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Difference between MX300 and new BX300 series

Thank you targetbsp very much  
I read your reply as a confirmation as if you were in my shoes the MX300 would be your choice too... its look like 50GB of more space worth turning the eye from 25 Mb/s faster reading speed.
I'll receive my order today and the whole new story starts... I've been using mechanical HDD for 30 yars now!! since those big MainFrames and then my first PC in 1989 with only 32 MB HDD !!..... yes 32 MB... I remember a very basic poker game was installed on that hdd and the prize for winning the computer was a picture of a naked gil who've had lost all her clothes during the different stages of the game.. a very basic, cartony and pixelate pic..but still i was a young guy, and used to stay up all night playing that poker game in hope of getting to the last stage and seeing the picture of that naked girl!!!
its my goodbye day to HDD after 30 odd years... 
today I'll install a 525 GB ssd, 17000 times bigger in capacity than the one i had 30 yrs ago
i'm so excited 
Thank you