FEEDBACK- AM INSTALLING MX300 SSD INTO MY HTPC-CANT SEE THE DRIVE ON MY PC PLUG IN DEVICES

Bit Baby

FEEDBACK- AM INSTALLING MX300 SSD INTO MY HTPC-CANT SEE THE DRIVE ON MY PC PLUG IN DEVICES

Dear Guys,

Am trying to install my NEW Cucial MX300 SSD 2T. I plugged into my PC, but I do not see the Crucial SSD on the PC, I went to my PC it doesnt show any external device plugged. Am not sure why? or dow we need a driver? My already have a 500GB SSD which I intend to replace with my new Crucial SSD. Let me know. Thanks.

1 Reply
JEDEC Jedi

Re: FEEDBACK- AM INSTALLING MX300 SSD INTO MY HTPC-CANT SEE THE DRIVE ON MY PC PLUG IN DEVICES

Are you trying to see the drive from within Windows?  Windows won't see a new drive until it has been initialised from control panel -> admin tools -> computer management -> disk management.

This isn't a step you need to take if you are installing WIndows onto it or cloning onto it as the Windows setup or cloning software will do this for you.  But it does mean you won't 'see' it so to speak from within Windows.

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!