Feedback Thread Firmware M0CR060 for the MX300

Kilobyte Kid

Re: Feedback Thread Firmware M0CR060 for the MX300

Same thing here.  Running the latest version of Windows 10 as well. 

Installed the offline versions of standalone Java 32-bit & 64-bit. 

I copied the standalone 2017 "lib" and "bin" folders into the CSE java folder to replace the 2016 version included with CSE.  Tried with both the 32-bit and 64-bit files.  No luck.  

I set them all to run as Administrator and tried Compatibility mode as far back as Vista with and without SPs. 

I saw "javaw.exe" and "jxbrowser-chromium.exe" running in Task Manager.  I set both to run as Administrator, tried compatability settings as well. 

Nothing changed.  Same error.  Booted the ISO off a USB, update successful.

Clearly a Windows 10 + Java issue as this all runs inside Java.  I hope this helps narrow it down. 

Happy Holidays.

Bit Baby

Well, a shame I first found this thread now - I get the exact same problem here.

And the worst thing about it is, that my PC goes down and the System event viewer tells me that it's Event ID: 100 (The following informational event has occurred (0x0, 0x5, 0x0, 0x0).D0Entry) - and a Google search sends me to Crucial (http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/M500-MU3-Microsoft-Windows-EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv/td...) where I am told to ... update the driver!

It's a desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro with all hibernation possibilities disabled.

Why isn't Cruxial make the Firmware file available online so it can be installed manually!

JEDEC Jedi

Roadhouse wrote:

Why isn't Cruxial make the Firmware file available online so it can be installed manually!

It is available if you're happy to do it manually. Smiley Happy http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd-firmware

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

I think that @Roadhouse is talking about different type of file. In the Storage Executive tool there is an option called 'Manual Firmware Update' and it says you can do it by selecting an appropriate firmware update package. As far as I know the package should contain firmware's .bin file and some firmware properties file. Crucial indeed isn't making those packages available online. They provide .iso files only that can be used for bootable media creating. 

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby

Spot on 👍
Bit Baby

I did get to update, but via the .iso file = had to make a bootable USB drive.

Never got the Crucial Storage Executive software to Work - as far as the firmware update goes 👎
Highlighted

We’re sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing this firmware update issue. We’ve escalated this to our Engineering team for investigation, and we will post updates in this thread when we can.

In the mean time, we provide a bootable .ISO of the firmware, that can be used to manually update the drive. A guide for the manual boot file is available on the firmware download page as well.

Katana,
US Moderator
Want to be a Super User?
Community Manager

Hello,

Our Engineering team has resolved this issue. Firmware can again be updated using SE on the MX300 drive. Please let us know if you experience any other issues. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Well, to put it short: the firmware update (M0CR060) did not solve the problem for me. So the only option was to buy a new SSD from another manufacturer - and now this has been working with no problems at all since january 2.

Kind regards

JEDEC Jedi

DMO,

I know this is a bit late, but you can "dd" the ISO to a USB drive after you run the following command on the ISO to make it a hybrid image:

isohybrid   <path-to-firmware.iso>

Substitute <path-to-firmware.iso>  with the actual path and filename of the firmware ISO file.

This creates a hybrid ISO which can be used to create a bootable CD or USB drive.   isohybrid is part of the syslinux-utils package in Debian and its derivatives.  This has worked on all Crucial firmware .iso updaters since the m4 series I believe.