Feedback Thread: Firmware MU02 for MX100

SOLVED
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Feedback Thread: Firmware MU02 for MX100

[ Edited ]

targetbsp wrote:

Isn't it the boot file version?

Not for use with Storage Exec I'd have thought.

You may be absolutely right. On the other hand however, have you ever seen any other .zip files with firmwares from Crucial? Smiley Happy

I think that should be clarified by Crucial too, that is:

- Can Manual Boot Files be used with Storage Executive?

- If not, what is the "Manual Firmware Update" option for? (under Storage Executive > Firmware Updates)

The other pending question: Why users cannot see Firmware MU02 for MX100 in Storage Executive.

Keep in mind that you can still extract .iso file from the .zip archive and prepare bootable USB pendrive using UNetbootin or RUFUS or Universal USB Installer

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

The bootable iso image works fine, I have the drive in AHCI mode and it has flashed correctly. Now it's time to wait to see if it doesn't drop from the system again.

Kilobyte Kid

I've loaded the firmware on both my PC and my laptop.  I really hope this solves the BSOD then drop from system issue.  I've had it occur numerous times on my PC.

This firmware took a while, but I have hope now!

Kilobyte Kid

The Storage Executive app still cannot find the MU02 update for the 256GB MX100. 

Bit Baby

Storage Executive can't find the MU02 for my MX100 512 Gb.

Is the firmware alright or is this a problem of Storage Executive?

Kilobyte Kid

Installed the updated MX100 firmware yesterday evening from bootable CD. No problems with the update, but it also didn't resolve any of the problems with this drive. I still get random freezing and crashing of Windows 8.1 despite trying every tweak that I've found including:

- Cloning from an Acronis recovery CD having installed then uninstalled Acronis on the original drive first (so Acronis never exists on the MX100).

- Cloning using other cloning software.

- Disabling HIPM/DIPM.

- Disabling HD power down under any circumstances in power management.

- Installing the latest chipset drivers.

- Refresh of the Windows 8.1 installation.

Time to give up on this drive after 3 weeks of pulling my hair out. Returning it to Amazon and exchanging it for a different brand. Very disappointed in Crucial, I've been using your products for over a decade in everything from laptops to enterprise class web servers. I understand that things happen, but the response to what seems to be a high frequency of this freezing / crashing issue has been underwhelming to say the least.

Community Manager

Hi all,

The issue is currently with the Storage Executive. We are not sure when the manual firmware option will be available for it. We have reported this issue, but have no ETA. For now,  please update using the manual boot method here. Thanks for your patience.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I've managed to flash the firmware on my MX100 512GB (I think) using yumi and a boot pen with the iso.

I hope it fixes the problem I've been having...twice now I've done a complete clean install of Win 8.1 64 bit and after a few weeks of working fine it then refuses to boot and just hangs on 'verifying dmi pool data...'

It's currently saying that even after updating the firmware but I suspect the firware update isn't going to fix a corrupted windows installation!

My trusty old C300 64GB has been faultless in the years I've had it.

I guess now I've got to reinstall everything on my so-called 'upgrade' for a third time :-(

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I'm trying to updare my MX100 256GB firmware with the manual boot file. Tried all things but still getting this error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qymasczkgzh6u4/IMG_20150312_213233.jpg?dl=0

Tried with usb and cd-rom as well.. Tried to leave the unique hd the SSD on the first sata port..

Tried with the executive software and chrome 64bit.. Tried with both version 32 and 64bit, but both freezes the pc and the program doesn't load at all.. 

What I have to do to upgrade my firmware? Smiley Indifferent

EDIT: ok it's done.. I'v changed the SATA controllet to be AHCI mode and it has done the upgrade successfully

Kilobyte Kid

Did the update to MU02, my SSD is still going to 100% usage 0 read/write and freezing my computer. Seemingly at random, with no pattern to it. This is with Windows 10 Build 9926, same thing when using Windows 8.1.

Really feel like I wasted my money on this drive as my computer is nearly unusable because of this.