Re: Feedback Thread: Firmware MU02 for MX100

[ Edited ]

Kilobyte Kid

Trying to update via CD.

CD created using DiskUtil.

Kilobyte Kid

I just made the firmware update via the crucial tool onmy sony notebook. 

At first he made a restart and updated the firmware, but now it does not start anymore in windows, but tries every reboot to update the drive again. It seems it killed my mbr. Do you have any solution so I do not have to reinstall my windows?

Regards

Konstantin Riegg

SODIMM Sherpa

[ Edited ]

Kilobyte Kid

Indeed.

I found out this thread as I was looking for a solution.

Crucial really needs to address this.

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

I replaced the hard drive of my Macbook Pro mid-2010 by the MX100 128GB. I tried several times to update it to MU02 with CD Boot but it doesn't work! I followed each step to create the bottable CD and when I start the installation the message "no drives update needing discovered!" something like that...

Then few minutes later, this message appears too: 

STATUS_CODE: 13

Your system will now return to normal operation following a reboot

I'm still on MU01 

Any help ???

SODIMM Sherpa

[ Edited ]

Bit Baby

Revision : MU01

I think my host controller is: Intel 5 Series Chipset

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

So I successflly upgraded the firmware of my MX100 to MU02 with the iso manual method.

I did not go the unetbootin or friend way because they always failed me.

Instead I created an hybrid iso with the command isohybrid and dd the resulting iso to my usb key. One caveat is that I had to disable SATA password and change from UEFI secure boot to Legacy Boot.

I had the message "No drives needing update discovered!" but it made nonetheless the update just after that message

Why doesn't crucial offer an hybrid iso ? even better an hybrid iso that can be booted in EFI mode. like any leading distro is capable of now...

So yes tinycorelinux which is used on the iso is not Fedora or Ubuntu, but still...

Kilobyte Kid

After failing to update my Macbook Pro (mid-2010) with a bootable USB stick, I tried the CD method. Same "status 13" failure. So I installed Bootcamp and Windows 7;  installed and ran Storage Executive; same "status 13" failure.

Crucial definitely has a major problem with EFI machines. Please fix it, asap!
It's not even difficult: took me 1 google search to find a grubefi package and make a bootable USB stick; I just don't know how to initiate the update package correctly.