Feedback Thread Firmware MU05 for the MX200 and MU03 for the MX100

Community Manager

Feedback Thread Firmware MU05 for the MX200 and MU03 for the MX100

Firmware revisions MU05 for the MX200 (all form factors) and MU03 for the MX100 (all form factors) are now available. These firmware updates apply to the respective models, and should not be applied to any other Crucial SSD model. Currently, these firmware updates are available through the Crucial Storage Executive and through a manual boot file found here:

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Release Date: 5/25/2018 (both updates)

• Resolves security vulnerability

Matt_TheCRU, Technical Support, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
22 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Feedback Thread Firmware MU05 for the MX200 and MU03 for the MX100

Just did a live update on my MX200 from storage exec 3.55.  All went smoothly. Smiley Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Upgraded mx100 256 with Storage Executive software (not live update). All fine, even slightly better CrystalDiskMark!

I have question about update procedure. I turned off Secure boot EUFI setting before update and turned it on after.

I guess that this was not really necessary. Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

Community Manager

Ordinarily no. We have had a few reports of updates via Storage Executive not rebooting into the update tool outside Windows and that has resolved that in some instances, but outside those instances we don't expect it to be necessary.

Bit Baby

I updated the firmware (MX05) on the latest windows insider (build 17682) and now cannot engage momentem casche - keep getting "failed to install casche driver"  Firmware did balk and not boot correctly as discribed in the post above, but it did ultimately install correctly.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Bit Baby

Just updated my firmware to Mu05 on a MX200 and it wouldn't boot into update as described above (but it did upate correctly  - or at least it said so). on a laptop running lated WXIP 17682.

But now it will not load momentem casche, returns the error "failed to install casche driver"  reports correct firmware etc etc .

Any ideas? 

Kilobyte Kid

that driver is firmware agnostic,

it doesn't care. your install issue is because you're using a development version of windows and the momentum driver is not qualified for signing requirements of the new version.

Bit Baby

Thanx for the feedback, I suspected that may have been the case and haven't been worried too much about it

Kilobyte Kid

Hello,

i'm having trouble creating a bootable usb device in order to update my MX200.

I already tried various OS's and tools: Windows 7 with Unetbootin and Rufus doesn't work.

Ubuntu 18.04 with "dd" and several other iso-burning tools don't work either.

In all cases the data on the stick is written flawlessly, but i just can't get my machine to accept the stick (tried several ones) as a boot device.

In BIOS there is no secure boot or any other alignment which prevents to boot from other sources than internal storage. All my devices have UEFI-BIOSes.

I can't use the Storage Executive Tool, because my MX200 is running Ubuntu 18.04.

Any hints to get this to work?

Thanks and regards, djoser.

Kilobyte Kid

Hello,

sorry if i double post, but my first post is not being displayed on forum?

I have a problem with creating a bootable usb device for updating firmware of my MX200. It is running Ubjntu 18.04 so i can not use the Storage Executive, since it is Windows only.

I already tried to create a bootable usb device on several OS's and with different programs and usb devices.

edit: post was not shown because i missed the email confirmation message on my first post...shame on me :-)

I tried flashing the iso via Rufus and Unetbootin on Windows 7 and several methods on Ubuntu 18.04 e.g. with the dd command.

The files are being written on the usb devices just fine every time, but all my systems refuse to boot from the usb devices, i think it is because the iso-file seems to be for legacy bios only (this is displayed by rufus on win7) and all my systems have UEFI bios.

There are no limitations (like secureboot) in my bios.

How to resolve this? Can anyone provide a detailed solution?

Thanks and regards, djoser.