[HELP] C300 64GB Problem

Kilobyte Kid

[HELP] C300 64GB Problem

Hi, I bought my C300 64GB 2 months ago (2010-11-03) and a few days ago before booting into windows a message showed that my C drive (my C300 SSD) needed to be checked for consistency so I waited the 10 sec to let my SSD be checked but the computer froze at 1sec (there was a countdown of 10 sec where i could press any key to cancel the checking). I restarted my computer hoping I could run the checking again this time with no success so I decided to press a key to cancel the checking and get into windows but the system still freezes. I posted my problem on Overclock.net and the community there referred me here.

What can I do now to get my SSD working again ?

I tried to :

- let my computer on overnight hoping it would start checking

- press very rapidly a key to cancel the checking (It worked once and I got into windows and froze before windows explorer appeared)

- change the SATA cables and SATA port on my mobo

- reformat and do a clean windows install (froze at 53% of the install)

I'm desperate... I never had one problem with HDD and SSD are supposed to be more reliable but after 2 months my SSD dies on me :/

3 Replies
Memory Hawg

Re: [HELP] C300 64GB Problem

Do you have another computer, or your old drive with an operating system installed on it still?

If so, connect the SSD as a spare or secondary drive, and boot to the other disks OS.  Then you can right click the SSD from "my computer" and go to the tools tab and run chkdsk from there.

You may need to open disk management and assign a drive letter to the SSD before you can do the above, if windows doesn't do that for you automatically.

Kilobyte Kid

Just talked to Tech support. Aparently my drive is dead after 2 month of use ... :/ they are gonna replace it

Memory Hawg

Did you try what I mentioned first?   You may not have needed to RMA.

Anyway, nice to see they are taking care of you quickly though!