06-21-2013 02:16 AM
Hi all, hope somebody can help.
Something (I dont know what) happened to my computer a few days ago, and since then my SSD in my secondary cannot be seen anywhere on my HP EliteBook (not in device manager, or bios etc). Ive tried several things to resolve this to no avail.
I've attempted to connect the ssd via a usb dock, and the device is sort of recognised but displays several issues, such as repeatedly asking to be formatted, or being unable to initialize, or being read only. In any case, the cruscial firmware update app can never locate the disk to update the firmware.
I have tried putting an alternate hard drive (a samsung spinpoint) into the elitebook, and it is recognised.
06-21-2013 02:45 AM
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!
06-24-2013 04:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your SSD. To help us establish the cause of the issue, could you please confirm as much of the information below as possible:
- What exact issues are you having?
- How long has the drive been in use?
- When did the problems first occur?
- What is the SSD being used for? (O/S, Storage, Page File, etc.)
- What is the SSD part number printed on the sticker (starting CT):
- Your exact system or motherboard model:
- Have you tried it in another system?
- Your current BIOS revision:
- Do you know your SATA speed (SATA-I 1.5Gb/s, SATA-II 3.0Gb/s, SATA-III 6Gb/s)?
- Operating system:
- Do you have more than one bay for hard drives/SSDs and have you tried the different bays (Laptop users only)?
- What Firmware version is printed on the sticker on the drive?
- Have you upgraded this and if so, what is the current version?
- What BIOS SATA mode are you using (IDE/ AHCI/ RAID)?
- Do you have screen shots available (if relevant)?
Once we have the above information we would be more than happy to investigate this further for you.