M.2-to-USB adapter

SOLVED
Binary Boss

M.2-to-USB adapter

I just received my MX300SSD4, but, unlike my previous Crucial SATA SSD it didn't come with a migration kit. Crucial support says I need to buy a 3rd party USB to M.2 adapter. (I assume I can use the Acronis license they provided with my last SSD). Can anyone recommend an adapter that will work with this SSD? The first one I found says it "does Not Support M keyed nor PCIe devices". Will it work with my drive?

Here's what I found:

https://www.amazon.com/ZTC-Enclosure-Adapter-SuperSpeed-ZTC-EN004-BK/dp/B00KQ4LNJC

Here's my drive:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct1050mx300ssd4

4 Replies
Community Manager

Re: M.2-to-USB adapter

@rlweiner Thanks for your message. There aren't any that we have specifically tested or can recommend, but we have heard that they are available on Amazon.  I am sorry I can't be of more help. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

It supports the MX300, it is even mentioned in one of the reviews that they've installed an MX300 without issue. 

I believe MX300 may be a bit picky about the enclosure even if the keys are compatible though.

What I mean is that it may work but sometimes the drive may stop responding, disappear from the computer temporarily - things like that which were likely caused by the enclosure.

Believe that kind of "incompatibility" was the reason for why both my previous MX300 and the MX200 (mSATA) before then died.

Have no idea how well that enclosure would work  with an MX300 however.

Binary Boss

The adapter worked. I used it to clone my old M.2 drive.

Community Manager

Thanks for the update and letting us know! Glad it worked and your drive is cloned now. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?