Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
gdadhemar

M500 & Windows 7 - Error When Creating Folders

[ Edited ]

I have purchased several M500's of various sizes (both 240 and 480 GB) and they have been upgraded to the latest firmware (v. 05). I have had 3 of those users report an issue with creating folders in Windows 7 (x64).

When they attempt to create a folder and rename it, they receive an error "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in (filepath)...". The folder does get renamed but the error is a nuisance to those users. It is a problem unique to those at our company who have been recently switched over to the new Crucial M500's. It occurs when they create a folder on the C drive or on a network drive. It is persistent and can replicated.

I do not have any M500's running v.03 firmware, so I'm not sure if this is unique to the latest firmware. But it is a problem that all 3 M500 users are experiencing. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

George

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

Re: M500 & Windows 7 - Error When Creating Folders

in reply to gdadhemar

This is an odd issue and I think I haven't read about similar one before.
Did they clone their W7 installations? Does their systems have something in common? Do you know what motherboards they use?

It is possible that storage drivers update could solve the issue. Also there is an update that improves the compatibility of Windows 7 with Advanced Format Disks like M500s - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982018/en-us

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid
gdadhemar

in reply to bogdan

Thanks for the quick response. It is a strange issue and yes their drives were cloned. However, we've used the same image on other SSD's (Samsung Evo's) with no issues.

At any rate, after a bit of research and some testing, I found the fix to the issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/renaming-folders-causes-item-not-fo...

Kilobyte Kid
drfelip

in reply to gdadhemar

Do you mean the first fix about deleting registry entries? I'm suffering the same problem!

Kilobyte Kid
drfelip

in reply to drfelip

Tried deleting those, it seems to be working now. I hope it stays that way!

Our Latest Posts