MX100 in BIOS but not Win10

Kilobyte Kid

MX100 in BIOS but not Win10

My MX100 500gb SSD suddenly disappeared from Windows 10. The BIOS sees it but not windows. It isn't in disk manager at all. I've been using this drive for about 2 years now and it has done this maybe twice before but I have always been able to fix it doing a "power cycle" procedure described in this [url]http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-did-my-SSD-quot-disappear-quot-from-my-system/ta-p/6521...] thread. This time, I can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.....

Here is the power cycle procedure .....

A sudden power loss is a common cause for a system to fail to recognize an SSD. In most cases, your SSD can be returned to normal operating condition by completing a power cycle, a process that will take approximately one hour.

We recommend you perform this procedure on a desktop computer because it allows you to only connect the SATA power connection, which improves the odds of the power cycle being successful. However, a USB enclosure with an external power source will also work. Apple and Windows desktop users follow the same steps.

1. Once you have the drive connected and sitting idle, simply power on the computer and wait for 20 minutes. We recommend that you don't use the computer during this process.

2. Power the computer down and disconnect the drive from the power connector for 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the drive, and repeat steps 1 and 2 one more time.

4. Reconnect the drive normally, and boot the computer to your operating system.

5. If the latest firmware has not been updated to your drive, do so. You can find our firmware update page here.

1 Reply
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX100 in BIOS but not Win10

If the power cycle has worked in the past but doesn't now,  there's some 'alternative' unofficial power cycle procedures here that end users have come up with: http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/How-I-fixed-my-M4-that-wouldn-t-detect-in-the-BIOS/m-p/110...

Could be worth a go?

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!